Wire size?

LarryG
10+ year member

Iowa
Ok, so about to have 4 days off for thanksgiving break and everything for my system is showing up later today / tomorrow.. I forgot to order power wire, was looking at walmart, there kits come with 6ga wire. Would 6ga wire be good enough to run a 1000w amp? If so I guess I'll be running 1 kit for each amp? or should I put this build off till i can get some 1/0?

to be on the safe side and not waste ur money get some 0 gauge.....that walmart crap will end up being 8 gauge if u go by wire strands

there are alot of people here selling 0 gauge i myself have some to sell also just check the classifieds

I would suggest waiting and getting the 0, put a distrobution block on it near the amps and run short runs of 4 to each amp... correct wire is very important

Found a shop with a 0 awg stinger kit for 100 so will be picking this up tomorrow. Hopefully will have a build log started by this weekend now

Yes, power hungry amps they are, so feed them properly:D..You may even check lowes, or Home Depot for 2ga/0ga as well???Worth checking out.Never rush an install, and half a$$ it, waste of money,time, and poor results.Till i got my wiring done properly, i used my I-pod, and earphones:boink:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.