Wire size.

cotjones
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Think 4 awg cable is big enough for a 1500watt amp running 3 10's? normally i'd just run 0 for the hell of it, but space to run the wire through is an issue and right now 1 10 on 500 watts rocks my car pretty decently so i can't picture myself using all of the amps potential to push 3.

Like Dave said, but would always be better to use 1/0, that amp is probably drawing more current than the 4 gauge can provide too, could be kinda dangerous, Your call...

it might work
I'm thinking if anything it will heat up or blow fuses in which case i could replace the wire with a bigger gauge or add another run if it doesn't work.

I'll just have to keep a close eye on the wire at first to see how its going to react.

Has no one designed a corrosion-proof circuit breaker yet?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.