wire size for my systems amps.

Participant count
  • Participant list

dieselwelder
10+ year member

I'm currently running a RF T1000 BD @ 1 ohm to two Sundown SA 12s and a Alpine V12 MRV F 545 running my Boston acoustics mids and highs... 125x 4 ... I'm currently running a 4 gauge power wire to the trunk where it splits to a 8 gauge to the alpine and 4 gauge to the RF. I noticed today I was having some power problems with sub output.... I think I tracked it down to my fuse on the 4 gauge ... Looks like it was just a tad dirty and the fuse and wire around it were getting hot...not melting hot but **** warm!! Anyway I was thinking about running 1/0 power cable to the trunk and 4 gauge to the alpine and 1/0 to the RF. My question is what size fuse would be appropriate for this size wire ?? Also I need to do the big 3 and I was going to use 1/0 for that too because my light dim bad .... Any other advice on upgrades would be appreciated.... This is a '98 Lincoln Town Car ....

What style fuse holder do you have? I melted one running 4g on my bd1001 when I had it. Never blew the fuse or messed up the actual wire but melted the fuse holder where the fuse slide in. Run 0g and the amp will do wonders for you.

It's a older stinger fuse .... It's plastic with two screw on ends and a fuse in the middle... A bought it a while ago... I think its a 60 or 80 amp fuse... I'm just goons get a larger power wire and fuse and do the big 3.... My lights really dim... I might need to think about upgrading my alt too.... The voltage display on the alpine said it was at 12.5..... Way to low!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.