Wire from battery negative to ground block ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nutznboltz
10+ year member

colorado
I know this isn't necessary, but, I have the extra wire, and figure it can't hurt, could only make it better, probably just the same, but, I've had issues with having a weak ground before, so figure this would be the perfect overkill solution to not worry about ground issues.

Can I run a wire to my ground block from my battery?

My ground block takes two 1/0 wires, and four 4 ga. wires.

One of my amps takes 1/0, the other takes 4 gauge. What I'm figuring is taking a 1/0 wire and going from ground block to frame, like usual. The other 1/0 from ground block to amp, like usual. What I'm proposing is, running a 4 gauge wire from the battery to the ground block. Hey, I got extra wire, the inputs, and everything I need to do it.

Here's a little drawing I did, this only illustrates the negative\ground side of my wiring.

The wire I'm thinking about adding is in green.

groundz.jpg

Like I said, I know it's not necessary, and it's overkill. But, can it hurt my electrical system? Anyone ever done it? Any down sides to doing it?

ya you can do that.. not going to hurt anything... just make sure on your frame ground you scuff it up good where its bare metal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.