winisd? trustworthy

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mercureie
10+ year member

Stay in S-C-H-O-O-L
should i trust the sizes and dimensions that winisd calculates? i never have when i built sealed enclosures but im givin ported enclosures a shot and don't wanna have to bother jmac fro every box i gotta build haha. so i was jus wonderin if the dimensions it calculates r trustworthy. thnx

Originally posted by Mercureie should i trust the sizes and dimensions that winisd calculates? i never have when i built sealed enclosures but im givin ported enclosures a shot and don't wanna have to bother jmac fro every box i gotta build haha. so i was jus wonderin if the dimensions it calculates r trustworthy. thnx
Well, what I did with my box was to calculate roughly what size I could fit, then with that size, I'd get the proper readings, and then build a box to fit the size. you might need a bit more effort to make it all fit, but it can be done.. make the box SLIGHTLY larger and fromt here, you can reduce the overall size of the box by placing partitions inside... partitions will act as a brace and prevent standing waves (mostly on theory though).

As for the numbers on WinISD, Jmac uses WInISD pro to get most of his results. I mean, I think it's one of the most versatile speaker deisnging boxes, considering it's freeware. I know MB quart uses this pricey program.. seen pics of it, haven't seen it for real, but it looks really, really good...very graphical too... I forgot the name.. I saw it in one of their online manuals, and they're revamping the page, so I can't get access to it yet...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.