Winging it...

Participant count
  • Participants list

ᛒᛚᚨᛞᛖ

CarAudio.com Recruit
SE
Couldn't get no help with my 1st post so trying to figure it out on my own. AB XFL 1222 on a RF 1200w RMS in a Chevy Silverado Ext Cab. Any input on this design? Good, bad? Anything I should change. Many, many thanks to anyone offering input!
EDIT for mistake.:
Should be OD 35"x15"x15.75"
2"'x13.50'' Dowel brace.

Attachments

• 20221024_065354.jpg
    20221024_065354.jpg
    652.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20221024_113814.jpg
    Screenshot_20221024_113814.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Couldn't get no help with my 1st post so trying to figure it out on my own. AB XFL 1222 on a RF 1200w RMS in a Chevy Silverado Ext Cab. Any input on this design? Good, bad? Anything I should change. Many, many thanks to anyone offering input!
Looks good to me. . Those subs love power. In future, I would recommend you up power to at least 2k. Otherwise, I say go with it. Nice drawing!!👍🏽

Should sound pretty good in rear Seat .. Sub up Port up.. or remove back seat and insulate the backwall below window line and do Sub up Port up. Great subs. They get down for the money, Seem to Last, and it will take that RF amp all day long. A nice set of components or a nice 3 way set on about 100-150 RMS will blend very nicely

I always think a double baffle is wasted if the sub is only on the first baffle.

Thanks for the input!

I've wondered about that. I just figured it would make it stronger and see a lot of others doing it. I do have a brother who does wood work and will be helping me with straight cuts but I have no idea what I'm doing as far as.design.

I have 36''x15''x15'' to work with and trying to get 2.5' net and the more I go over my figures, the more it gets out of whack.

Should sound pretty good in rear Seat .. Sub up Port up.. or remove back seat and insulate the backwall below window line and do Sub up Port up. Great subs. They get down for the money, Seem to Last, and it will take that RF amp all day long. A nice set of components or a nice 3 way set on about 100-150 RMS will blend very nicely

Thanks for the input!
I was wanting to face the sub down at the floor. Would have about 4" clearance. Do you think that's a bad idea?
I'm running Alpine type s components on 140w RMS each and I'm very happy with them for the money.

Thanks for the input!
I was wanting to face the sub down at the floor. Would have about 4" clearance. Do you think that's a bad idea?
I'm running Alpine type s components on 140w RMS each and I'm very happy with them for the money.
4” clearance is a good idea imo. I’ve seen some downfiring setups that had as little as 1” clearance and I wonder how it sounds. Seems the surround would rub the floor. My downfiring setup will be around 3” clearance.

Thanks for the input!
Down firing into the carpet..You loose quite a bit of Acoustics and a low output on sub stage. For Some.. Its all they need though. Doesnt hurt to try it out. Id leave enough speaker wiring so you can move the sub around like up in the back seat to try thet method Sub Up Port up also. Alpine still makes Great stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ᛒᛚᚨᛞᛖ

CarAudio.com Recruit
ᛒᛚᚨᛞᛖ
SE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views