Window tinting

I have 5% all the way around on my civic..

Legal limit is something crazy like 70% and higher... basically if you tint your windows at all , its illegal (can't find tint over 50% very easily)

Andrew

ive got 5% all around on my blazer including sun roof and 28% on the full windshileld and let me tell you there is no seeing in there. As for night driving yeah it can be a pain but ive gotten used to it.

I've got 20% fully metalized film and it's about perfect for me. I was kind of torn between that and 14% (SunGard Endurance film), but decided 20% was good enough.
Like was already mentioned, try to see some examples or vehicles that are tinted and go with what you like best. Fully metalized is not a bad idea at all, as almost all of them carry a lifetime warranty against peeling, cracking, bubbling, fading, and discoloring.

My current tint has all the problems listed above lol. Thats why i am retinting. Plus I think I have 35% tint on mine right now

Man you guy's are lucky here you get busted for everything here in michigan. just cause this place need's cash so bad i mean sh*t i got a $135 ticket for going 5 over .

My current tint has all the problems listed above lol. Thats why i am retinting. Plus I think I have 35% tint on mine right now
Metalized will definitely be a huge improvement. Don't get a metal+dye hybrid... they are still subject to fading and discoloring.

KY allows 18% rears and 35% fronts, so if you go with 20% all around, you shouldn't be bothered with liberal law enforcement.

Man you guy's are lucky here you get busted for everything here in michigan. just cause this place need's cash so bad i mean sh*t i got a $135 ticket for going 5 over .
Lol that must ****. Cops here are too lazy to do paperwork so they wont pull you over unless they absolutely have to.

They usually dont pull you over unless you are doing 15-20mph over here (unless its getting close to end of the month). I pass cops doing 60 in a 45 atleast twice a week. I have never got a speeding ticket. *Knocks on wood*

Metalized will definitely be a huge improvement. Don't get a metal+dye hybrid... they are still subject to fading and discoloring.
KY allows 18% rears and 35% fronts, so if you go with 20% all around, you shouldn't be bothered with liberal law enforcement.
I will check to see what 20% looks like, but more than likely i will go with 15%. Around here I know I wont have any problems with the law, but if I go up to the bigger cities I might get some static

What brand film does the shop carry?
iam not sure I havent been there. There is only two places here to get the windows tinted the one I am going to, and then another little shop that is a little garage that is owned by some teen ager that sells shitty car audio and does car detailing and other automotive odd jobs. The one i am going to is not a real professional place, but atleast all they do is sell auto care supplies and have a special shop for window tinting. I am definitely gonna check out his work first

Went to the shop today. I asked him what film he used and he said Global film. He said its not fully metalized but its not dyed. He said something about the polymer being thicker for darker tint. He said the tint had a warranty and he showed me his vehicle which he had 5% on. He said that tint was on there for about 4 years and it still looked pretty good. He only had 5%, 20% and 35% so I will prolly go with the 5% after all. He showed me the 20% on he did on his friends truck and it wasnt that dark. He said mine would look better in 5% since I have a lighter interior //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I also seen some ventshades in there and I only have ventshades on my front windows and looks stupid not having any on the back window. He said he would put new ventshades front and back, remove old tint, and put 5% on for $200 or $160 without the ventshades but he sales the ventshades for $50 so its a better deal to go ahead and get them. I seen his work he has done just about every car that has dark tint in my area and it all looks pretty good. So iam prolly going to go ahead and get it done this week

i gota 15% on the fronts of my truck and stock in the rear. it is nice, night time hard to see detail at a distance, my other car is 20 in the rear and 35 in the front, i like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.