Will this work?

Participant count
  • Participant list

FDC

sc
I wanted to know can (3) Kappa Series 120.1se subs handle a JBL 1200.1? The subs are 4ohm, svc, 300rms each. I know there are better subs but I like the price on these. What could I expect to pay to have those three subs, a JBL 1200.1 amp, JBL P180.2 and a set of Infinity Kappa 60.3cs comps installed in a Honda Accord? What other mods would I have to make to get the Accord to handle that?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif I am really new to this. Any response would be great appreciated.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How low can that amp go for a mono load? If you run those subs paralell in mono then your amp will have a 1.33 ohm load. If the amp can handle the speakers, you'll be fine...never too much power.

As for install...you need to call your local shop and talk to them about their rates. In our area, the box will run about two bills, components about one, and about one for amp install. If you buy all your stuff at the same shop, you might get a break on some of the install price. I know we use to give guys a break if they bought our stuff and we installed it rather than bringing us whatever stuff from whoever.

Be prepaired for your car to handle differently...it will be like driving around with a car full of betties when you are all by yourself!

Hey IASCA pro 301-6, Thanks for your reply.

The JBL 1200.1 is suppose to be stable to 1ohm. Also, it puts out the same power at 1 or 2 ohm. The equipment I bought or will buy is from the internet. I would like to support the local car audio shops but the prices are a little steep right now. Although, I will be going to one get the install. I want it done right. My work schedule, patience or experience won't allow me to do it myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

FDC

FDC
sc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
FDC