Will this sub work ok?

ravicus
10+ year member

I'm thinking about buying this

Rockford Fosgate 150-watt Bass Package Includes a Prime Series 150-watt amp and a sealed enclosure with 12" sub at Crutchfield.com

to add a little bit of low-end sound to my truck. Its a small cab(1.5 rows of seats) and i'm planning on sitting it behind the drivers side.

Here's what the back looks like
25700270032_large.jpg

Do you guys think it would fit ok with the seat put back a decent amount?

Thanks.

Ahh. I honestly don't really want to save up and get more. I don't have a lot of money, and I don't make money very quickly, my stock system is working good as new.. Maybe I don't need more. Oh well...

Ahh. I honestly don't really want to save up and get more. I don't have a lot of money, and I don't make money very quickly, my stock system is working good as new.. Maybe I don't need more. Oh well...
we're not trying to be a buzz kill bro but just saying that if you saved up even an extra $50 you could get a much better setup. do you have the necessary tools to build your own box?

I mean I have an extra $50 at my disposal.. What tools do you need to build a box?
a drill and a jigsaw, you can have lowes or home depot cut out all the MDF for you. a sheet of MDF costs $30, some glue, liquid nails and screws come up to be like an extra $10. what kind of music do you listen to?

if your budget is $250 and the box costs $40, that leaves you with $210 to screw around with. you could snag a nice SQ sub in the classifieds for around $100, a small amp for it which would probably only cost around like $70. that leaves you with another $40 to get like an 8 gauge amplifier kit

I have this for sale, we could work out a deal, If you only want the class D sub amp I can send it to you for $45 SHIPPED!

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/514731-mtx-thunder-amp-package.html

Then get yourself one of these, very good woofers despite price and "name", Trust me!

Amazon.com: Lanzar MAX10D Max 10-Inch 800 Watt Small Enclosure Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer: Electronics

Box wise, you could buy a prefab, I could build you one also, Idk how much shipping would be but if you buy my amp I'll send it all together. Price would be much of nothing besides shipping.

I can have all of it to your door step for less than that RF package, LMK!!! PM me if interested!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.