Will this monster cable amp kit work?

Participant count
  • Participant list
so im installing my system soon and have hit a possible snag. I have the polk audio DB1222 with 720 watts rms at 2 ohms. Im going to run them with a kenwood Kac 9105d. For my speakers i have MM5251's which are up to 90 watts rms wired at 3 ohms, i plan on running them with the boston GT-275 which should give them just about 90 watts at 3 ohms. I purchased the monster cable 1000 watt 300 series multi amp kit. (i took all my other stuff back after i found out the guy played me and nothing fit in my car) with that said, will this cable even work? Im worried since its "up to" 1000 watts, and im going to be hitting that mark and then sum, do i need to upgrade? I need to know soon so i can have time to take these cables back. I havent yet because i got them half off with all my gear and i took everything back, so i got them half off for nothing haha.

Thanks for any help

You should be okay if you don't have to use the entire length of 4 gauge. the shorter the cable is the more current it can handle.

I running a 500w, 120w x2, 80w x2, and a ms-8 from from it with out any ill effects. I cut off about 4-5 ft from it.

Monster cable is usually way over priced especially in retail stores.

If you paid more then $60 for the kit you might want to return for that reason alone. if you can find a comparable kit for less, no sense in paying more then you have to ya know.

I have the same kit but I payed $45 for it.

alright cool thank you. Since im only in a ford focus sedan i should be cutting a lot off. And i got mine for 50 with my deal from the amps i bought, the store was selling them for 100

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.