Will this amp be okay for these entry level subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

zorphon
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
US
An MA Audio M600XE (700w RMS - 2 channel)

...for two Dual SD12 12inchers (175w RMS single 4ohms).

This is just an entry level system. I wanted some bass but not to spend too much money. I didn't really look into it heavily but ordered everything already and am slightly worried that this amp isn't good enough for those subs.

Both will be in an MTX Bass Slammer Dual 12" Enclosure.

An MA Audio M600XE (700w RMS - 2 channel)...for two Dual SD12 12inchers (175w RMS single 4ohms).

This is just an entry level system. I wanted some bass but not to spend too much money. I didn't really look into it heavily but ordered everything already and am slightly worried that this amp isn't good enough for those subs.

Both will be in an MTX Bass Slammer Dual 12" Enclosure.
There was your first mistake lol... Can you give us some links to the amps and subs?

His amp is rated 175X2 at 4 ohms. I answered this same question of his in his other post about it. Subs are rated at like 175W rms and around 300 peak.

There was your first mistake lol... Can you give us some links to the amps and subs?
I understand that was a mistake, but life goes on. If it really would be better to get a different sub, I can return this one when it gets here for a refund (minus restocking + return shipping //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif). I figured it meant 175x2 at 4ohms and since my subs say 175rms at a single 4ohms, I assumed the amp would be perfect.

And to accuab, I heard this amp is slightly over-rated though, meaning each sub would only get like 100ish watts?

I understand that was a mistake, but life goes on. If it really would be better to get a different sub, I can return this one when it gets here for a refund (minus restocking + return shipping //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif). I figured it meant 175x2 at 4ohms and since my subs say 175rms at a single 4ohms, I assumed the amp would be perfect. And to accuab, I heard this amp is slightly over-rated though, meaning each sub would only get like 100ish watts?
That's for sure that the amp is overrated. Look at the fuse that goes in that amp. It's a 20 amp fuse so there's no way it could do the stated specs. But, dual subs are not high end either and I'm betting those subs are probably overrated as well. Both overrated items come to a good combo for each other. When it says 175X2 at 4 ohms, it means that when each channel has a 4 ohm impedance (each sub you got is 4 ohms so good there) you will get 175X2(175W to each channel(sub)).

That's for sure that the amp is overrated. Look at the fuse that goes in that amp. It's a 20 amp fuse so there's no way it could do the stated specs. But, dual subs are not high end either and I'm betting those subs are probably overrated as well. Both overrated items come to a good combo for each other. When it says 175X2 at 4 ohms, it means that when each channel has a 4 ohm impedance (each sub you got is 4 ohms so good there) you will get 175X2(175W to each channel(sub)).
So even though the amp is over-rated to a max wattage, you think it should still be able to give 175 watts in each channel to a 4ohms 'single' sub, for a total of 350 watts RMS?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.