will my cvr melt?

Hey guys howsit?...I got a 10cvr124 (thinking of getting me a 15" soon), my question is, will my cvr burn out with +/- 500rms? I got it running off a crunch blx1000d... N how much do you guys think ill hit with a single cvr on a db meter? Its in a 2cube slot ported box....lol I dno what to expect from this cvr, it plays loud in a toyota tazz
honestly i dont like kicker because its alittle over priced for what it is. But if like/want to stay with kicker, id get a L7 since you say you may get a 15" soon. But there are so many other options out there that can be had for less money and blow the kickers away.

im not trying to bash them because my wife runs a 1 kicker L7 15 and she is happy with it, hers also meters pretty good on termlab. Shes done a 143.8db on a 30 second music average, that was not a burp/peak score. she ca probly burp about a high 144 or low 145

honestly i dont like kicker because its alittle over priced for what it is. But if like/want to stay with kicker, id get a L7 since you say you may get a 15" soon. But there are so many other options out there that can be had for less money and blow the kickers away.
im not trying to bash them because my wife runs a 1 kicker L7 15 and she is happy with it, hers also meters pretty good on termlab. Shes done a 143.8db on a 30 second music average, that was not a burp/peak score. she ca probly burp about a high 144 or low 145
Wish my wife could burp like that

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Power them with some Boss amps, he could easily hit 170 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Awesome see its fun to rag on people

My girl doesn't even like my sub system...
my wife she's ok with mine, she's not really all about competing but shes has competed her car/system a few times. She's the loudest female around here to my knowledge,

my wife she's ok with mine, she's not really all about competing but shes has competed her car/system a few times. She's the loudest female around here to my knowledge,
I guess I should clarify, she doesn't like it when I crank the bass. She does like the fill it adds to songs though, especially because she likes rap.

I guess I should clarify, she doesn't like it when I crank the bass. She does like the fill it adds to songs though, especially because she likes rap.
oh i see... i can turn mine up full tilt with her in there and shes good, but usually i wont just because. i guess mines not loud enough to annoy her //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif lol

My girl and ur girl need to meet lol. She's gotta murano with 2 sa12's on an saz1500, haven't got it measured but would love to see it against another system.
lol, i mean she doesnt ride around with her's full tilt or nothing, when she first got it she competed some, but now she just rides with on alittle bit, unless she pulls up to as$ hole guys that try to turn theirs up when she pulls beside them lol

Your CVR would probably not melt but it would be a good idea to invest in an L7 and a nice amp for it. Particularly a 15" L7 because the area of one 15" square woofer is about the same area as 2 12" round woofers. (+/- 1 inch). If you get a 15 L7 and a Kicker 1000.1 or something like that, you could easily be in the 130-150 dB range depending on the cabin size and the amount of air pushing through as well as the box for it. I would definitely recommend tuning the box for the L7 to 32-35 Hz. You'll easily get about 138 dB in a prefab box. My friend has 2 12" L7's in the manufacturer box and he hit 141.2 in his Infiniti Q45t. with 1 15, it might not get that loud considering your only at 225 area but it will pound the S*** outta your mind lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.