will my cvr melt?

Hey guys howsit?...I got a 10cvr124 (thinking of getting me a 15" soon), my question is, will my cvr burn out with +/- 500rms? I got it running off a crunch blx1000d... N how much do you guys think ill hit with a single cvr on a db meter? Its in a 2cube slot ported box....lol I dno what to expect from this cvr, it plays loud in a toyota tazz

It shouldn't, I had 2 CVRs on 1000W RMS for a good year with no problems. Make your own box though, prefab slot ported boxes blow. And not in a good way. I metered at 110 in a prefab box. Yours can/will be completely different though.

Yes but it was in the trunk, in an old cadillac with a ton of soundproofing in the cab, including between the trunk and cab.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

And it was a junk prefab box lol

Oh I guess ur cvr's could handle 500rms each because ur box was prefab n had small chambers
I hit 135.9 3 weeks ago with two CVR 12s on 800 watts in a sealed 4.5 cube box so one 12 ported and built right should yield a 130+ on 500 watts

Keep in mind my whole car is deadened and trunk is sealed from cabin with sub's firing cabinside

And the box is one of the most important in SPL

My buddy's SA-15 hit a 144, so undoubtedly you'll be pushing 147.

I'm sorry, I had to. If your power's clean (non-distorted/clipped), you should be fine on 500w. Like it's been said - get yourself a custom ported box for the best output. I'd have no idea what your CVR would meter at, but a lot of it simply depends on the vehicle. Good luck. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yes but does he have the money for the Ultra-Flux Mega Cap V2 with the hyperattenuated outputs? I think not that's for people that can afford six Pyle blue wave 15s
Power them with some Boss amps, he could easily hit 170 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.