will cdt drt-26's handle 165 watts when ran active??

Participant count
  • Participant list

stanky1219

Banned
tampa,fl
When you look at the specs of the component set it says 200 watts (100hz high pass)

but the pdf manual for the tweeter says 10 watts rms???

if i cross them up at 5khz will they stand up to 165 watts of clean power. i will probably have the gains down seriously low to stop any chance of distortion at high volumes.

i dont wanna **** them up but i want them louder.

i hope so cuz the werent loud enough with 50 each. i have 4 amps and want to run each amp bridged to each component. 2 blue thunders on the mids and 2 OLD OLD OLD rt's on the tweets.

Does it list the sensitivity of the tweets and mids separately?

If you're looking for loud and will be running a 5k crossover point, then there are some semi horn loaded Vifa tweets that could satisfy you, and they're pretty cheap too.

i didnt really wanna cross that high but i was figuring they would handle a little more power crossed higher. i really wanna go around 3.5 cuz the woofer is suposed to roll of at 4k

Hmm, what's odd is the 4db difference in efficiency between the mids and tweets...are the mids loud enough to you? The efficiency for the tweeters doesn't mean much since it's not listed how it was measured(1w/1m or 2.83v/1m).

i havent mounted them , just bench tested them and they scream and by the tightly controlled movement of the cones i know they are gonna thump out some good midbass. but i tested them with full juice. prolly around 220 to 250 watts. you know those blue thunders are WAYYYYYYYY underrated and do between 2 and 3 hundred. i only tested the tweets with 50 watts and that wasnt enough in my opinion. i think i'm gonna try it , cuz even though they are b-stock items they came with a 1 year warranty. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Give them the power if you have it. Start off with gains all the way down and just work your way up until it's either loud enough, distorting, or on fire. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I run 100 watts to each of my tweeters(or am able to if needed) and I have to attenuate them to mesh well with my mids...and it all gets plenty loud for me.

I will give it a try. gotta go buy some speaker wire tomorrow. just found out these bastards at cdt glued the braxials on the woofer and the screws are stripped so i cant get them off.

from experence crossed around 3.5 80 watts is enought.. any more and its overkill.. there not stupid loud but they do sound great..

i was looking for a louder tweeter i could cross lower i chose the es-02.. installation was a ***** but there loud as hell and you can cross them around 3k with 150 if your very careful.. note if your playing them constant at full output there not going to last nearly as long but short term they can handle 150 clean..

there alittle louder but not much, they need substantually more power.. i have a SD 100.4 and i can max the amp out(before clipping) and not hear any distress from the tweeters..mines are crossed @ 2k with a 12bd octave xover in some 2" PVC end caps mounted in the a-piller.. my suggestion is 150 will be fine if you do 2.5k with a 12dboctave slope and your use good recordings..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.