Will a disconnected speaker capacitor damage the speaker?

Participant count
  • Participant list

momeigs

Makeshift Bass-head
The part circled in red in this photo came disconnected from the solder connection and now there’s no sound playing from the speaker. The capacitor all together is still connected but one end of the wire came loose. Didn’t know if playing music through the speaker while it’s disconnected could damage the speaker at all. Thanks 👍

Attachments

• B963ECCC-DA35-4BBF-9017-AB14834F1EE3.jpeg
    B963ECCC-DA35-4BBF-9017-AB14834F1EE3.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 81
The part circled in red in this photo came disconnected from the solder connection and now there’s no sound playing from the speaker. The capacitor all together is still connected but one end of the wire came loose. Didn’t know if playing music through the speaker while it’s disconnected could damage the speaker at all. Thanks 👍
If thats a coax, the tweeter won't play. The speaker will be fine most likely, but the tweeter, again, won't work. The cap is acting as a low pass filter for the tweeter.

Do not connect the tweeter directly without it. Solder on the cap, or a replacement cap, or replace the entire thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.