Why Won't the Bass Play Through Bluetooth?

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
My bass plays fine on the HU tuner, but when I play music from my phone the bass is non-existent. The mids/highs play fine through the bluetooth, but zero bass. I have a Samsung S9+ and I recently had the batteries disconnected to install a new engine. Any thoughts?

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
You may need a different app to play music over bluetooth. Most phones limit bass output through bluetooth. Try the Onkyo Music Player app or look into how to play full bandwidth music over bluetooth from YOUR model phone.

OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
You may need a different app to play music over bluetooth. Most phones limit bass output through bluetooth. Try the Onkyo Music Player app or look into how to play full bandwidth music over bluetooth from YOUR model phone.
It used to play fine through my phone. Today was my first time trying it after disconnecting the batteries for a week. So, I'm not sure if it's a HU problem or a setting in my phone.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
I know my Kenwood headunits only allowed the sound through the front speakers... Until I figured it out. perhaps if you are using Sub outs on your head unit... it may be a head unit setting.

Reactions: Bobbytwonames
OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
I know my Kenwood headunits only allowed the sound through the front speakers... Until I figured it out. perhaps if you are using Sub outs on your head unit... it may be a head unit setting.
I have a Kenwood double din. DDX771, I think. I'm sure that it's something simple.

OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
Check those bluetooth settings brother... these Kenwoods love that front only crap lol
The bluetooth from my phone plays fine in my other vehicle, which is also a Kenwood HU. A single din HD receiver ($100). So, I'm guessing that it's a setting in the HU in my Bug.
20200730_161051.jpg

Reactions: OldFartAudio
OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
It's fixed. There is actually a You tube video that explains the problem. The default bluetooth setting is front speakers only. So, just simply switch it from "front only" to "All".

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
It's fixed. There is actually a You tube video that explains the problem. The default bluetooth setting is front speakers only. So, just simply switch it from "front only" to "All".
Like I said, our Kenwoods are weird. That tells me your kenwood has wireless bluetooth calling. Both of mine are the same way, my eXcelon X998 and my DD 706S. Both were set to front by default.

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
Sep 9, 2016
Missouri
"Phones" are not meant to reproduce bass. Subwoofers are! I know, I have two Dayton Reference 15" Subwoofers running off a 1000W Dayton Plate Amp in my Listening Room which ROCK the bass!

:cool:
John Kuthe...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Newest threads

Latest classifieds