why not kickers'

Because you see them all the time. Kicker is a good brand, but if everyone has the same equipment, what would make each individual's setup different or unique? Also, as the previous poster stated, there is better out there for the same or less money.

meh. i get kicker accomodations, yet i run no kicker gear. go figure. if i was in the market for a new amp, i might consider a zx2500.1.

everyone i work with runs kicker components, subs, and amps. laughed when i told them what i was running, especially "alumapro."

until they heard it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Why is that many of you don´t like Kickers as speakers? what era the cons
thanks
They're alright. But like stated before, there are companies making better component/coaxials for the money.

I switched out Kicker SS Components for Boston Pro's in my roommates car a couple weeks ago. The Bostons were more pleasing to the ears. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i love kicker amps.

every other amp i have used has disappointed me. kicker makes strong amps, and i dont mind paying alittle extra for them. i believe in them, with the circuitries(sp?) and whatnot

subs are a different story, and so are components. ive had both, and i found both extremely disappointing.

but as far as their amps and wiring, i will continue to be a consumer.

I remember Kicker when they were originally called "Stillwater" (Kicker was just their car speaker line's name).

To me they just seem to have become another mass market brand since the mid to late 90's.

i have yet to hear any kicker speakers to be honest with you.... subs yes and they were awesome back in the day then they ****** then they were ok and now i guess they are decent again but not the best out there.... as far as their amps go i love the amps... some of the best amps i have owned have been kickers and i have owned ia, us amps, eclipse, diamond, zapco etc... for the money you get allot of power...

I havent noticed anything to not like about my Sub. It hits good, and has done so for two years now. I have ran it continuous for 17 hrs without any notable problem. I beat alot of dual 12's with my single 15 with a 900 watt rockford fosgate mono. My fiance has a kicker amp thats the **** with two kicker woofers in a custom plexi enclosure made by myself and she blows away alot of people. Also i had a few friends who had record setting kicker setups. So to each their own, but alot of people like to stay outside of the mainstream, i know there are alot of good subs out there.

IMO I have the same feelings for Alpine as Kicker, Im not much of a fan of Alpine speakers although they are pretty good, just a personal thing I guess, theres just so many options and more than just Alpine and Kicker, theyre both pretty mainstream and both pretty good, there is just so many options and choices dammit!! haha

Personal Preference strikes again!!

I use to run the Resolution Series a while back (from the mid to late 90's), the ones with the ND25 silk dome tweeters. Those, I thought sounded nice. As for now.....I agree that for the price, there are better offerings out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.