Why do systems sound louder om the inside then the outside?

Need help on how to make system sound louder on outside? What causes that? Every system if owned it always seems super loud on the inside then when u stand outside it never seems as loud and when I hear friends systems they always seem loud for some reason to me? I'm mainly talking about bass

The subs are on the inside so of course the inside is going to be louder. Most people would rather have it louder and try their best to keep the sound inside the vehicle so it doesn't rattle and can be louder if it is at a show and doing demos. Rolling your windows down helps the sound travel and will make it sound louder on the outside so people can hear you coming a mile before you get there if that's what you want.

it's called "cabin gain". once you get outside, sound spreads spherically and reduces with distance. in a small enclosed space the sound is basically trapped.

walls are pretty loud outside the vehicle. just remove the rear seats and do a wall from floor to ceiling, side to side. then fill with subs and lots of power - viola - loud bass inside and out.

from what i can tell the cars that are loud inside are loud on termlab, but thats what ive gathered from things. Like my blazer, if i have it sealed up you really cant hear much outside except my hatch sounding like its going to fall off lol but it was decently loud on the meter... and my wifes car is same way you cant hear much at all sealed up, you can only see all of here nic-nacs shaking inside as well as here wind shield flexing and rear view tassles flying everywhere

the quality of the car comes into play too man. Some cars keep sound in better then others. Its always better to have a car people think isnt loud on the outside but once they step in, they can get FKED beyond belief.

if you tune lower and kill the low notes I think they have a tendency to travel farther and/or penetrate through barriers. (If you're trying to shake houses) at least that's what I have noticed with my systems. maybe I'm just imagining it.

Want to get loud outside of your car? Step 1 - Remove all seats except for the driver's seat. Step 2 - Get a good AGM under the hood & the best HO alt you can or multiple alts if your vehicle can be adapted to do so, and install multiple runs of Big OFC wiring Step 3 - Fill your vehicle up with as many batts, badazz subs, component speakers / or PA mids & tweets, and amps as you possibly can in your given space to work with and build an enclosure for your subs & Install everything. Step 4 - ROLL DOWN YER FKN WINDOWS !!! Step 5 - - Go deaf and make as many others as you can go deaf in the process //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Want to get loud outside of your car? Step 1 - Remove all seats except for the driver's seat. Step 2 - Get a good AGM under the hood & the best HO alt you can or multiple alts if your vehicle can be adapted to do so, and install multiple runs of Big OFC wiring Step 3 - Fill your vehicle up with as many batts, badazz subs, component speakers / or PA mids & tweets, and amps as you possibly can in your given space to work with and build an enclosure for your subs & Install everything. Step 4 - ROLL DOWN YER FKN WINDOWS !!! Step 5 - - Go deaf and make as many others as you can go deaf in the process //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.