Why do people install their subwoofers upside down?

some do it for looks

somewhere in this forum these guys gave soem good explianations

it must have been 2 or 3 weeks ago...u can look for it

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

inverted is the correct term to use with that type of set-up. and it depends on the system, if you use 1 amp per sub and run like 2 subs, then a regular facing and inverted facing sub system would hit harder then both of them facing out. the reason being that they will give a good push pull system on the sub's giving them actually more db in your setup. that's what i've always been told but it really depends on your set-up. and i think i am right about all that still kinda new to that style of setup with subs but i am pretty sure i'm right.

keep it thumpin,

adam

i dont think the push pull theory would work bc for the subs to sound right if one is mounted out and one in then the sub that is invereted would have to have the phase reversed witch would then make it hit the same as the other sub when oen owuld go out the other would do the same but yes you can invert the sub to save space in the box just make sure to reverse the phase on the speakers

it is mostly done for pure looks and show....

as mentioned before, with a set up that contains one sub face up and one sub magnet up they have to be wired opposite of eachother so they both "push"out at the same time and vise versa.....

I tried flippin a sub around once but found that it sounded off.....

also... there is supposable teh same amount of cone area either way so it should not affect SPL much other than making a slightly (.7cuft about) enclosure.

AC

The reason for inverting your subs is cosmetics basically. The only real benefit gained from it is a little bit of box volume. Due to the basket being outside the box instead of inside. And when you see someone with one sub inverted and the other not. If you were to follow their wiring from the subs to the amps. You would find that one of the subs is wired out of phase from the other one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

nofriends46

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
nofriends46
Hawaii, Kauai
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date