Why do my subs "fluctuate"? A unique issue it seems...

Participant count
  • Participant list

cybertron131

Florida
It doesn't matter which sub, it happens with all of them that I've tried.

I have the Kicker cxa1800.1 with a healthy TIGHT ground from a Scosche wiring kit (thick as f) on bare metal.

My head unit is stock, it's a touchscreen unit in the 2013 Corolla S. I have a line-out converter feeding off the 2 rear 6x9. (Not a cheapo one, it's the translucent kind that is not afraid to show it's quality of components)

Now let me explain this "fluctuation"

You know when you look at a mirror while bass is playing? It's a consistent movement of it shaking (looking at the scenery through it)

But when I turn it up anywhere beyond like 42 (62 I think is the limit of my stock radio volume) that consistent movement fluctuates between intensities. It's really weird to explain, it's like somebody is in my trunk rapidly turning the gain up and down every quarter of a second.

I can also hear it. Normal bass notes turn in to this really awkward and embarrassing "juggle".

Here is what I've already tried to fix this:

- Trying different subs. Didn't work.

- Turn up the gain. Well, I don't want to blow my weak subs.

- Replacing the RCAs from the line-out converter. No dice.

- Getting a new battery

Here is what I am considering to try:

1. Get rid of the line-out converter and just bridge the 6x9 wires directly into the amp's "high-level input"

2. Unhook the rear 6x9 terminals completely and just use them directly to either the amp's "high-level input" or use the lint out converter

3. Using my warranty to claim a faulty product

4. Get a new touch screen head unit that has native subwoofer RCA outputs

Option 4 would be the last thing I want to do because minimum wage is pretty depressing to buy anything good in life.

Option 2 would make it where rear passengers could hear no voice in their music because my cheap *** Corolla only has front door speakers

Option 3, probably won't even work.

It doesn't matter which sub, it happens with all of them that I've tried.I have the Kicker cxa1800.1 with a healthy TIGHT ground from a Scosche wiring kit (thick as f) on bare metal.

My head unit is stock, it's a touchscreen unit in the 2013 Corolla S. I have a line-out converter feeding off the 2 rear 6x9. (Not a cheapo one, it's the translucent kind that is not afraid to show it's quality of components)

Now let me explain this "fluctuation"

You know when you look at a mirror while bass is playing? It's a consistent movement of it shaking (looking at the scenery through it)

But when I turn it up anywhere beyond like 42 (62 I think is the limit of my stock radio volume) that consistent movement fluctuates between intensities. It's really weird to explain, it's like somebody is in my trunk rapidly turning the gain up and down every quarter of a second.

I can also hear it. Normal bass notes turn in to this really awkward and embarrassing "juggle".

Here is what I've already tried to fix this:

- Trying different subs. Didn't work.

- Turn up the gain. Well, I don't want to blow my weak subs.

- Replacing the RCAs from the line-out converter. No dice.

- Getting a new battery

Here is what I am considering to try:

1. Get rid of the line-out converter and just bridge the 6x9 wires directly into the amp's "high-level input"

2. Unhook the rear 6x9 terminals completely and just use them directly to either the amp's "high-level input" or use the lint out converter

3. Using my warranty to claim a faulty product

4. Get a new touch screen head unit that has native subwoofer RCA outputs

Option 4 would be the last thing I want to do because minimum wage is pretty depressing to buy anything good in life.

Option 2 would make it where rear passengers could hear no voice in their music because my cheap *** Corolla only has front door speakers
Read what i said on the other post i posted in the other thread bud I already explained to you that you'll never get anywhere with a stock head unit EVER when it comes to bass.

Its a long post but read it and you might learn something coming from a guy that actually got loud in a corolla and knows what failed and what doesnt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.