Why do companies

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thilo made a good point though about how sub specs are only relevant to a certain point not only because they are measured in a free air environment but that they are measured with such a low signal it really doesn't show how the sub will react once excursion increases.

make the numbers look more appealing ?
Idk, things like higher Fs's aren't appealing to me, you know.

Thilo made a good point though about how sub specs are only relevant to a certain point not only because they are measured in a free air environment but that they are measured with such a low signal it really doesn't show how the sub will react once excursion increases.
Yes, to a certain extent, but t/s parameters are a good starting point in enclosure designing.

More than anything, I feel like the company is lazy if they don't post after break in parameters.

The difference between the subs pre and post break in specs are so minimal it wouldn't really change much. Plus you have people that order new subs and never used them enough to even fully break them in, so having specs for broken in subwoofers would, in a sense, be more inaccurate than having pre break in

Idk. I was modeling up some Sonic Sound labs Super Sonic woofers and I put them into winisd, winisd pro, and bassbox pro and they modeled up like crap.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

And they post pre-break in t/s parameters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.