why did my sub and amp go out on me after an accident

Participant count
  • Participant list

rookanga
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
flint, MI
before I had my accident my amp and sub worked fine but now after it, nothing is working actually my subs blown now, I got hit on my drivers side door, so I dont know how my sub blew from that and now my amp doesnt work, the only thing I could think of is my wires are cut near the amp so there be a lot more of the copper is showing (I figure the more I could shove into the amp the better lol) and my amp isnt connected to anything in the truck so it just flopes around a lil bit (havent found the screws to put them back into the back of my seat yet), so I was wondering because all my wires are so long that some of the wires could have touched that could of blown my sub and messed my amp up, or could there be something else amader with it?

It was just a simple lil question, could having the speaker wires touch, could of made the sub bown
how do you know it is blown and ripping the rca's out at high volume could cause the sub to make a little boom possibly blowing it

I know its blown because when pushing down on the cone, its hard now, so thats what im trying to figure out how the sub was blown, theres proibably a few different things you could do, but without actually touching the amp, how could it of blown, im just figuring out if the wires touched and made the negative on the amp went to the positive on the sub and the positive on the amp go to the negative on the sub and blew it, is it possible?

I know its blown because when pushing down on the cone, its hard now, so thats what im trying to figure out how the sub was blown, theres proibably a few different things you could do, but without actually touching the amp, how could it of blown, im just figuring out if the wires touched and made the negative on the amp went to the positive on the sub and the positive on the amp go to the negative on the sub and blew it, is it possible?
I mean you said your amp is not mounted so you probably broke something internally there and when you tried to play your sub it blew it.

oh ok, that makes a lil more sense lol, so do you think when something internally broke iin the amp, that blew the sub right there or was it later on it could of happened

oh ok, that makes a lil more sense lol, so do you think when something internally broke iin the amp, that blew the sub right there or was it later on it could of happened
It may have happened at the same time or it could have happened after the amp settled down for a bit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.