Why are sundown subs so underrated?

Ok I dont want to be one of the aholes that just bash. I have the SD-2 10 I did have 2 on a BRZ-1700.1 currently running a single 10 on RF T-1000.1bd at 2 ohms that amp is rated at 750 @ 2 ohms and the sub is handling it great I have heard a lot of the same that they handle way more but I notice in vids they usually are for sorter periods of time. Im sure they will be a great sub at RMS or little more than. I would rather a company give you a true RMS rating then an inflated max wattage that the subs handle for a millisecond before blowing. If you put a clean true 1250 or so on them I'm sure you will be happy.

Oh... and I just heard that a DDZ can take 10k daily.
Not much more ridiculous than most of the power handling claims coming out around this place. Many of them by the manufacturers. That's OK. The kind of knucklehead that has 2000$ for the MSRP either knows what he is doing or can afford recones. Also the kind of person that thinks that that buys a 10K amp is either buying 10K that is actually about 2K or is trying to run on stock electrical and will blow up the amp before the sub fails.

Yes and without fear of breaking anything. Your gains from over-powering are minimal while increasing the risk of breaking something exponentially.

LOL. 20% increase of power will be inaudible. If you gained noticeable it's because you probably replaced a 2000W amp that didn't make rated power with a 2500W amp that makes around 3K.
saz-2000 to saz-2500?

i bought the 2500 for a steal as a temporary amp but just ended up keeping it for a little while.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Sweet. Guess I'll go with them then. Thanks.
Do you have metallic colors for stickers?
a few, what were you looking for?

saz-2000 to saz-2500?
i bought the 2500 for a steal as a temporary amp but just ended up keeping it for a little while.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Do you have silver and metallic blue?

saz-2000 to saz-2500?

So what's that on the meter that you can supposedly hear the difference? Should be well under 1dB for that little difference in power.

So what's that on the meter that you can supposedly hear the difference? Should be well under 1dB for that little difference in power.
Yup. One thing I wish people would understand is that subs really don't "come alive" on xxx amount of watts. As you increase power you increase how loud things get, double power is 3db's. If anything as you go up in power, subs actually begin to perform less than you'd expect for the increase due to thermal compression, along with BL compression and possibly excursion limit issues. If your sub is hitting 140 with 1000 watts to it, the BEST you can expect by going to 2000 watts is 143, it's not going to magically come alive and hit a 148.3 out of nowhere. Power subs the best you can, **** the "ratings" and get as long as it gets loud enough for you, don't worry about it.

The "forum boner" talk really makes me laugh at this point... over 7 years into it.

As do individuals who cannot understand concepts as simple as ironing out new product launches and simple mathematics such as "percentages"

---

But to address to original post. We rate all of our subs at a level where we feel it would be nearly impossible to damage them. Most failures you see from our line are the result of amplifier 2x or more bigger than we suggest using. These are obviously not a warranty of production issue.

Any failures related to a production issue are covered under warranty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NuckinFutz

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
NuckinFutz
Shreveport, La
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date