Who's Quit Smoking?

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
I like that other smell when people are driving or coming inside from partaking. Smells  better then tobacco.
This. I can smell it from a mile away. Bumper to bumper traffic is a daily thing here and folks seem to have no problem burnin' it down right in the middle of the interstate. It'll hit my nose and I'll start looking around like a coon dog. 

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Ive quit for about 3 years then picked the habit back up at an Aerosmith concert in 94 while I was in PR.I tried the Vaping and didnt work for me that well.I have never smoked in my home..always outside in back yard or kicked back in a chair in front drive. I dont even like to smoke in any of my vehicles. Ive recently been giving it another try..Im down to 4- 10 cigarettes a day from 1- 1 1/2 packs a day. There are times Ill not smoke for an entire week, then its a pack in a day.i guess to be honest.. I can say that I actually enjoy it.. Its my relaxation time to be honest.then at times I cant stand the taste, smell, and or effects?? Its deff a challenge at times.Ill get there by next year im sure. Im to the point Im just about done with it though. Congrats to those who have quit

OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Ive quit for about 3 years then picked the habit back up at an Aerosmith concert in 94 while I was in PR.I tried the Vaping and didnt work for me that well.I have never smoked in my home..always outside in back yard or kicked back in a chair in front drive. I dont even like to smoke in any of my vehicles. Ive recently been giving it another try..Im down to 4- 10 cigarettes a day from 1- 1 1/2 packs a day. There are times Ill not smoke for an entire week, then its a pack in a day.i guess to be honest.. I can say that I actually enjoy it.. Its my relaxation time to be honest.then at times I cant stand the taste, smell, and or effects?? Its deff a challenge at times.Ill get there by next year im sure. Im to the point Im just about done with it though. Congrats to those who have quit
Can I say something? Don't set any time frames... it sounds weird I know but if you set time frames and for whatever reason don't make your time frame it can cause psychological issues. Smoke until you are done. When you are done you can tell yourself... I am not smoking anymore, and be done then. Smoking is a choice, nobody can "make" you smoke so if you are done, be done. There are plenty of other habits out there.... just substitute for a less deadly one ;)

OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Man the past couple of days I have had some weird and vivid dreams. Last night I was walking down a neighborhood road with small businesses on one side with Rob Riggle for some reason. We saw police lights off in the distance and he told me to hide! He ran around the corner and they got him and arrested him!!! I dipped into a music store where there was a group of children playing with old fashioned roller skates. They heard the police sirens and ran out the back door.

The shop owner told me that the police have tripled their raids on walkers and loiterers. He then said they raised the sentences to 10 years for walking. I said, when did the world start doing this? He said "The world"? He said "kid, we are the only country that does it, that's why nobody comes here anymore". He said you better go before the cops come back.

I left the store and began walking. I was scanning the distance for blue lights when I heard a sound behind me... it was the cops!!! They were about half a mile back and they let loose dogs to chase me down. I ran but the blue lights on the backs of the dogs were flashing faster as they got closer. I made it to a door just in time and found myself in a room full of people huddling on the floor. I said what are you doing here? They all said "For the Horde!!" I remember saying "Damn WoW nerds" in my dream then I woke up.

Now that I don't smoke... these kinds of dreams happen a lot.

bromo

10+ year member
Dec 21, 2008
MI
I smoked for about twenty years and quit five months ago.  Feels great, never knew how shitty smoking made me feel. I find it annoying now. I also had the weird vivid dreams, they went away though.

skeptikal

Hold the wheel and drive
Premium Member
10+ year member
Jul 19, 2004
Indiana, US
I don't smoke cigarettes anymore. Switched to a vape pen type thing and don't really use it unless I'm on the golf course or driving for a long time.

Do enjoy a good cigar every once in a while though.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
I tend to step outside while coworkers take breaks to smoke and I stand down wind sometimes. The un-inhaled smoke still smells good. Is that cheating???

West1

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Feb 14, 2008
Los Angeles,Ca
I was a chainsmoker for about 10yrs (started at 14, by 15 I was a chimney). Went through a pack of Newport 100's in a day and when I did construction for 3yrs (early 20's), maybe 2 packs per day. My wife hated it!

Around 25/26 yrs old, I randomly wanted to stop but could not over the next year. Then I had an idea, I told my wife "If I can get a fish tank, I'll stop smoking." I believe I just needed some type of motivation or something else to distract my mind. Since crushing my remaining cigarettes approximately 10yrs ago, I've been tobacco free. I do miss my 300gl tank tho :blowup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds