Who uses ply over MDF?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Out of the 100s of boxes ive built, all of them have been built with MDF. Ive been seriously considering starting to use birch or poplar which ive only heard that are lighter and stronger than MDF, so what are the downfalls of using ply type wood over MDF? Harder to work with? Ive built cabinets and etc out of pine ply but birch boxes are intriguing me lately. Only problem is all my customers are cheap asses and ill have a hard time talking them into birch. I usually get 200/box if it takes 1 sheet of mdf or less, plus carpet or paint extra. I suppose i could eat some of the profit and just start using birch but id like to know the differences.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.