Who lives in central Florida and has some basic woodworking tools?

Participant count
  • Participant list

hispls
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'll be down in Ocala area next week and staying for a couple few months. Really need to build a new amp rack and mount for batteries. Definitely don't have room to bring tools with me and will be looking for someone who can help out.

Nic Watts is in Lake Butler, Tim Johnson in Jacksonville, Im in Macclenny.
Bit of a haul for me to Jacksonville, but likely the drive will be cheaper than paying a shop. Do you have some saws, a place to work, and a way to get a sheet of plywood?

Man wish I could go for a few months. What's the occasion?
Cheaper than paying for heating and plowing up here. Been busting my arse for the last few months getting enough ahead with work to be able to let things coast for 8-12 weeks. Next year I hope to be a bit better prepared to leave earlier and stay later; this year was pretty crazy buying a new house and having to move in right before Christmas.

Also, bump. I need to get this thing loaded up with batteries sooner rather than later. Ideally I want to add a second one of those Shocker amps this spring just to see what happens.

Bit of a haul for me to Jacksonville, but likely the drive will be cheaper than paying a shop. Do you have some saws, a place to work, and a way to get a sheet of plywood?

Of course.

Buddy Brown is in Lake City. He does great work.

Of course.

Buddy Brown is in Lake City. He does great work.

OK, I'm here and have eaten a couple oranges. I'm ready to get some batteries in this joker and see what happens. Do you have time to give me a hand in the near future with this?

Lol nvm I realized your in the furthest part of central fl from me

I'm up by Ocala so that's probably a bit more of a stretch than Jacksonville.

That said I went to Home Depot today and had them cut up some pieces to build a battery box and will knock that out here this weekend. I did bring a drill with me.

Any audio related activities going on in the next couple months? If not we all should organize a meetup somewhere, I would like to get together with some of you guys.

North Sarasota it's about 2 hrs...

Not a lot going on here lately after the big build up of events late last year

He'll probably know better than I although he's into car stuff now

I am in Wesley Chapel, maybe hour to hour and half South from Ocala. I have some basic saws and I suck at wood. Also my wife and kids usually hog up my weekends. So I am not much help but I think I am free this Sunday and hopefully next Sunday.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.