Who is an installer?

I was....didn't realize how much I hated it and how stressful it was until I left.

I did it for over 2 years and after I while I just hated doing it.

I made ~$500/wk+bonus, which was around ~$125-150 extra a week.

I do installs on the side. I'm starting an install for a buddy soon. I'm going to be paid $15 an hour on esitmated time and no extra charge on the materials. However if someone I'm not good firends with asks me to install something I charge 10% on what ever they expect me to provide. I work my installs like a mechanics shop. I estimate the time it will take me and they pay me for that. So if I get done early good for me, if it takes me longer it doesnt cost them any more. If they dont like the price they can go to the two local shops and pay $50 + an hour plus inflated product prices. I'm not an offical installer, but I make money off of installations.

I was....didn't realize how much I hated it and how stressful it was until I left.
I did it for over 2 years and after I while I just hated doing it.

I made ~$500/wk+bonus, which was around ~$125-150 extra a week.
That aint bad pay for someone at that age. It does get stressful if you jump in over your head and have other stuff to do like school. These meger little installs people wanted done in 1hr in their driveway is what would piss me off so I cut that ****. Drop it off at my house for a week for something big or figure it out yourself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I do installs on the side. I'm starting an install for a buddy soon. I'm going to be paid $15 an hour on esitmated time and no extra charge on the materials. However if someone I'm not good firends with asks me to install something I charge 10% on what ever they expect me to provide. I work my installs like a mechanics shop. I estimate the time it will take me and they pay me for that. So if I get done early good for me, if it takes me longer it doesnt cost them any more. If they dont like the price they can go to the two local shops and pay $50 + an hour plus inflated product prices. I'm not an offical installer, but I make money off of installations.
Same here...I bought a tent from Sams and set it up in my driveway for installs with the tool chest, compressor and do all the woodwork on my pool deck...

I'm slowly getting a binder of installs together but still neep to get mecp certified...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.