White/static noise help

Participant count
  • Participant list
You could have to turn your amp gains up so much that you're getting noise. I always recommend a 4v+ pre-out radio. 2v are almost useless.
I think thsts the problem. They are rated at 3volts but I only see 2 volts at max volume. Im worried I have clipping from headunit with max volume. Im using 35/40 and seeing 1.2 volts or so. I tested the theory of 10k hz tone and at 25rms per channel from headunit I get 10 volts. So I'm guessing 35 is max before distortion. I ordered 2 pac ground loop isolators to see if thst fixes the issue. I think its floor noise because at 35/40 and gains backed down vs 30/40 with gains up more the noise was louder and more obvious. If those don't do the trick then a equalizer with built in line driver will be next. Its just weird how when using the 3.5mm to rcas and bypassing the radio the noise diminished greatly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.