which suv

bones22
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
in my house
both are priced alright. obviously i wont pay asking price though.

i HATE red so i would strip either down and repaint it now that i have my garage back.

16 sundown e8's on 3000-3500

back windows arent an issue. ive got some sheet metal and a welder to replace them.

88 pathfinder

lady says she wants 1000. thats about 300-400 more than id be willing to give.

2cgkmxy.jpg

94 jimmy

guy wants 800. id only give 400-500 tops. needs the actuator for the fron axle replaced.

2ptqt01.jpg

Both cars, look like they need to be taken off the road....

Im all for cheap reliable transport, but **** dude...... save a little cash or put your stereo money into the car itself..... both look like they would be money pits, cars that old just have to many problems

Pathfinder gets my vote though, nissans are great

Both cars, look like they need to be taken off the road....
Im all for cheap reliable transport, but **** dude...... save a little cash or put your stereo money into the car itself..... both look like they would be money pits, cars that old just have to many problems

Pathfinder gets my vote though, nissans are great
i live in the country. i know they have both been taken off road. i also know i would take them myself and put them through even more than the people that have them now.

this is a 2nd vehicle and to throw a system in. my daily driver is an avalanche.

i dont think either would be a money pit especially since i can do all the work myself if they needed anything.

I think he means taken off the road as in scrapped for beer cans. but I say go with the nissan this is not a daily driver? If it is tehy both are going to be money pits like what the other guy said. If you get the jimmy why even bother fixing the 4 wheel drive?

Just because you can do the work yourself, don't mean it won't be a money pit. Trust me, I can do quite a bit with my rides and I have dumped way to much money into older cars as well. Yeah, I saved some, but still was quite a bit.

I would do the Nissan, just because that older Blazer looks like ish! Unless that is if you plan to redo it like Audioholic did his, which looks tits! Then again, that is beyond money pit, lol!

I think he means taken off the road as in scrapped for beer cans. but I say go with the nissan this is not a daily driver? If it is tehy both are going to be money pits like what the other guy said. If you get the jimmy why even bother fixing the 4 wheel drive?
i wont spend money on anything thats not 4x4

Just because you can do the work yourself, don't mean it won't be a money pit. Trust me, I can do quite a bit with my rides and I have dumped way to much money into older cars as well. Yeah, I saved some, but still was quite a bit.
I would do the Nissan, just because that older Blazer looks like ish! Unless that is if you plan to redo it like Audioholic did his, which looks tits! Then again, that is beyond money pit, lol!
thats another hobby i have is restoring old cars.

i went through 6 vehicles last year alone and 9 complete systems from the ground up.

$500 or less and you wouldnt remember either of them.

paint & and body work

wheels & tires

and re-do the interior

and yes i can do it right under 500

go for the jimmy. its already got a nice set of wheels on it, and only needs som minor work.

and to all the people on hear saying buying a car/truck thats been pulled off the road is going to be a money pit, i spent $400 putting a $175 car on the road= $575 for a reliable car. didn't give me an ounce of problems until i wrecked it.

well talked to the guy with the jimmy he says his bottom dollar is 800 cash

he wont take any less.

i told him thanks for his time and good luck getting 800 out of it

'94 isn't that old, I drive a '94 E-150 that hasn't had any major work done to it, but I'd probably look into things that were over $1k. Then again, I wouldn't be flipping them as fast as you, either.

'94 isn't that old, I drive a '94 E-150 that hasn't had any major work done to it, but I'd probably look into things that were over $1k. Then again, I wouldn't be flipping them as fast as you, either.
id like to be able to budget 1000-1500

being on a fixed income from veterans affairs disability and car audio dont go good together.

id say 500 into either of them

run them this season and sell next winter and make money on them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.