Which subs?. Some advice needed.

DaveVT
10+ year member

Like A Boss
VT
Im looking for a single 12, 2 10's or 2 8's that can get nice and loud on around 250w a piece and sound fairly good without spending alot of money. Any help would be appreciated.

JL Audio seems to have nothing but good reviews. i have two JL audio 4 ohm 8"s but there the cheap ones. have to say they hit hard and sound good. id like to of able to get there top of the line 8"s but out of my price range.

JL Audio seems to have nothing but good reviews. i have two JL audio 4 ohm 8"s but there the cheap ones. have to say they hit hard and sound good. id like to of able to get there top of the line 8"s but out of my price range.
Just an FYI, people here don't like mainstream equipment because of the price you pay for the quality you get. Not saying JL is bad but compared to a lot of the underground companies we refer to JL is mediocre.

No amp but im looking at running 250rms to each woofer. Ill buy the amp after I have the woofers lined up. Its going in the trunk of a 2000 Neon. Im not looking for stupid loud but I would like it to be decent and I dont want to give up a ton of room.

you can go with some hifonics hfx12d4's wire them at a 4ohm or 1ohm load.. they are 400rms and sound great in a sealed or ported box if you dont have a lot of trunk space go with the sealed and put 250rms to these bois and be amazed and they are only about 50 to 65 a sub depends on where you buy... my friend has a impala with 2 of these wired at a 4ohm load with about 175rms to both and it is stupid loud for an SQ system ill make a youtube vid for you if you want

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.