Which subs for my car?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SCcobra4me
10+ year member

I am a newbie to the forum and was looking to get some subs for my DD. Like most I'm sure I want to most bang for my buck so here's what I'm looking to do. I just bought a Kenwood CD player and am going to use the stock speakers for fronts in my car and I have a Punch 200 to run my subs. I'm just looking to add a fair amount of bass.

I was big into car audio years back so I know "old school" stuff pretty well, my last car with equipment in it hit 147 db with 4 JL audio 12w0's off a PPI amp (God, they called it). I also had all ADS separates up front with all Stinger wires, etc. I had about $4000 wrapped up into it.

But for now with my DD, I'm just looking to add two subs (either 10 or 12 inch) for fairly cheap, under $200 and am very unfamiliar with any of the new equipment available today. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks for the info guys.

An older punch 200?
Yes it's an old school RF amp, I just picked this up and a Punch 240 for $100 off craigslist. And I got a pair of RF Punch HE 8" for $20. Not bad for what I got but I know I won't be happy with 8's.

Remember I only have a Punch 200 to run these, I think max that amp will put out like 200 a side bridged, or 400 into one. That Boston doesn't look too bad, but how would that compare to say two JL 10w0's for $150 for the pair?

i like the bostoms better the the jl's much better sounding sub, usually that amp s under rated, prob puts closer to 250 to 300 so i think the acoustic is the way to go

i would also call up dc sounds and see about the level 1

DC Audio - Woofers

amazing subs they make.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.