Which port option???

Participant count
  • Participant list

integra88
10+ year member

Been There...Bumped That!
I am moving my RE SX 15" into an '88 Dodge ram50 sport P/U. figured I can get about 3 cube behind the seats including sub and port displacements. Question is...slot port or aero's. Going to leave 6 in. available on the drivers side so the port will fire against the side. Feeding it 2000+ watts from my ZRS10. Suggestions please...

I would say a 4" or 6" round/aero port. would probably take up a little less space inside the box since your limited in there
I measured and I can get 5 cubes in there. I'm only looking for 3.5 cube. I am mainly wondering if I should fire the port towards the drivers side of the cab or the front..Also drivers side.

sub up, port towards driver wall. that usually yields the best numbers in the setups i have seen in truck rides.
Cool:cool:...I knew there had to be some good help out here. Do you think aeros would be better than slot port???

Also, How far away should the port be from the side of the cab??

if your looking to cut down on port displacement then yes. alot of people have had great number with aeros but i have never used them and dont quite know the benefit of them yet. but maybe someone else will chime in on that one

if your looking to cut down on port displacement then yes. alot of people have had great number with aeros but i have never used them and dont quite know the benefit of them yet. but maybe someone else will chime in on that one
I've never used aeros myself either. I'm hoping for some help there too. No probs making the box w/ a slot, but not sure on aero size, qty., etc. Going to tune it to 34HZ and go from there.

pm 80 inches he knows alot about them
Cool...Thanks for the help bonnie. One last question...if you don't mind. SX requires 4 cube @ 34 hz. 1000 wrms and 2000 peak. I'm feeding it 2500 watts right now. Should I make the box smaller to help w/ controlling the power?? Or will it even matter?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.