Which of these 4 x 6 speakers for my sister's Lumina?

jl audio tr400cxi. it's a 4" coax, but comes with a 4x6 mounting plate. about 100 bucks a pair roughly, and for a 4" an exceptional sounding speaker. probably the best midbass response you'll get out of a reasonably priced 4" speaker. most 4x6's just ****. or a boston acoustics 746 set. a 4" component set on a plate. alpine also makes a good plate setup like that, don't recall what the model # is off the top of my head.

Yeah, I have some Type S 6.5's in my truck, so I kind of want to go with something different for her.

Basically its Boston, Pioneer, Kicker, Polk, or Rockford.

my GF has the Alpine 4X6 plates in her truck. i installed em real quick and wasnt to impressed. i took em out. wired them in phase this time and sealed the speaker off with some foam tape. they way the speakers mounted to the grils ther was about 1/2 gap that would let the back and front waves come throug. after this was all done. i was VERY impressed. pretty strong mid bass out a 4" woofer off deck power. the tweeter is a tad on the bright side for me.

Going once... going twice...

If anyone should see a reason for her not to buy these speakers, let them speak now or forever hold their peace...

Keep in mind: Components are out of the question, an amp is out of the question, and she (being a girl) would like to keep costs down.

Going once... going twice...
If anyone should see a reason for her not to buy these speakers, let them speak now or forever hold their peace...

Keep in mind: Components are out of the question, an amp is out of the question, and she (being a girl) would like to keep costs down.

i would got the Boston plate speakers, but im sure those will sound nice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.