Which of these 2 subs should I use?

Participant count
  • Participant list

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
i currently have a Fi Q 15 in my trunk.. well i managed to snag an obsidian 15 for basically no cost at all that has never been used. (Long story). Now i know the Fi Q is more expensive and probably the better sub but the box the Fi Q is in would work better with an obsidian 15. Basically the obsidian 15 box req's are closer to the box i have than the Fi Q box req's. So do you guys think the obsidian would sound better than the Fi Q because of that? Or should i just go ahead and sell the OA 15? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Have you tried the OA yet to see how you like it?
No. The box and sub thats currently in my small *** ford focus trunk is not coming out... It would be a real hassel to switch out subs while keeping the box in my trunk. Possible but its hard as ****. Just wanted opinions before i do that.

Have you tried the OA yet to see how you like it?
No. The box and sub thats currently in my small *** ford focus trunk is not coming out... It would be a real hassel to switch out subs while keeping the box in my trunk. Possible but its hard as ****. Just wanted opinions before i do that.

Oh ok.I havent ran either sub.Would think the Fi would take the Mb Quart amp a little better though.Good luck.

Oh ok.I havent ran either sub.Would think the Fi would take the Mb Quart amp a little better though.Good luck.
Ya i doubt its going in my car. I actually have a pre-fab 15 inch sub box chillin in my garage so im probably going to put it that and either sell it or find a way to hook it up in my room =P

Ya i doubt its going in my car. I actually have a pre-fab 15 inch sub box chillin in my garage so im probably going to put it that and either sell it or find a way to hook it up in my room =P
Thats a good idea.Home sub ftw..

Thats a good idea.Home sub ftw..
Ya it'd be a fun thing to have around the house haha but after some googleing i have found that its not the easiest thing to do. First off, i would have to buy another amp and then a power supply for that amp. and all that would not be too cheap. Therefore, i will prob be selling it along with the box. Im sure youll see it in the classifieds on here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Ya it'd be a fun thing to have around the house haha but after some googleing i have found that its not the easiest thing to do. First off, i would have to buy another amp and then a power supply for that amp. and all that would not be too cheap. Therefore, i will prob be selling it along with the box. Im sure youll see it in the classifieds on here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Just buy a plate amp from Parts Express.. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=300-750

I would love to man but i know i cant. I could really use the money i will get from selling this sub. Mabey spend some of it on deadening my trunk. That 15 Fi Q can produce some trunk rattle haha.
Oh yeah it can.Well glws bro.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.