Which kenwoods?

roop
10+ year member

MN
Hey guy, my old pioneer HU just took a dump on my way back from class today, so I need a new HU.

I have been looking at kenwood HUs that have USB support for an external HD. Which ones can use the phatnoise software?? I can't seem to find a list or anything.

Mainly, I want the cheapest one I can get that can do it lol. I'm pretty broke, but I would sell my left leg just to have music in my car again.

Things like SQ etc really don't "matter" to me. I have factory speakers that are all kicked in. I just want to be able to control a TON of music. Anything off the shelf will be just fine.

Nope, screw kenwood. I just went to BB to play with them, they have that crappy knob shi*t to change tracks. I hate that

And I hate the pioneers now because the track buttons ARE SO CLOSE to the volume its impossible for me to press one while slightly distracted from driving without changing the volume.

Why do HUs have to **** so bad these days? lol UI's imo have gone way down hill.

phatnoise was only with kenwood for 05-06. so look at those models. kdc-mp532U, kdc-M632U, kdc-MP832U, kdc-x590, KDC-X890, for the 06 line up. and minus a number for the 05. like kdc-531, 631,861,589,889. Do you have Phatnoise now? I contacted Kenwood to see if the progran was compatible with the newer models, and they couldnt tell me. Phatnoise may also be compatible with other HU if the have AAC, And Advance codac drivers. Again not verified. btw, the X590 hs been prone to the screen burning out. I would look into the x890 if you can find ony cheap.

Nope, screw kenwood. I just went to BB to play with them, they have that crappy knob shi*t to change tracks. I hate that
And I hate the pioneers now because the track buttons ARE SO CLOSE to the volume its impossible for me to press one while slightly distracted from driving without changing the volume.

Why do HUs have to **** so bad these days? lol UI's imo have gone way down hill.

..........The Excelon line of HU's PWNS

try not to act so ignorant

Update. I tried a 4 gig microcruz thumbdrive in the X991 today. It plays fine, but it does not recognize the Phatnoise program. Also folders were a bit jumbled up. But nice unit. I hen tried it on a pioneer 690. Again it did not recognize Phatnoise. Also, it jumped a bunch of folders and only played after the first or second song in a folder. That too is a nice HU. So, either get a 05-06 model, or lose the voice indexing for the Kenwood media manager and get something new. BTW, thats the only reason I went with Kenwood. I do like the look of them. Symetric.

Nope, screw kenwood. I just went to BB....

They only sell the regular line. The excelon line is the one to go for. Need to go to a real car audio shop.

Kenwoods are ok...I do hate their new volume/settings, button/dial setup though....for those of us without remotes it *****...hit a bump while changing volume and you end up changing settings.

Hey guy, my old pioneer HU just took a dump on my way back from class today, so I need a new HU.
I have been looking at kenwood HUs that have USB support for an external HD. Which ones can use the phatnoise software?? I can't seem to find a list or anything.

Mainly, I want the cheapest one I can get that can do it lol. I'm pretty broke, but I would sell my left leg just to have music in my car again.

Things like SQ etc really don't "matter" to me. I have factory speakers that are all kicked in. I just want to be able to control a TON of music. Anything off the shelf will be just fine.
Been on this site for six years and don't even know how to use the //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/search.gif.e79a63b2b580b39b282dff402646b704.gif feature? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

roop

10+ year member
roop
MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from