fwleps5006
10+ year member

i just want to know which of these subs are the best

soundstream tarantula

spl12

stroker

phoniex gold ti12

or an audiobahn 12

i dont know any thing about audio bahn so if u can give me a good one or tell me which is the best or if theres a better one besides a w7

well what kind of sub do you want? I take it SPL by some of the subs you listed, there are so many different SPL subs what it really comes down to is what will fit your setup. Price, space, power, ect....

IMO audiobahn are not the best, they are a lot of bling and not much work. Some of the forum fads for good SPL are, D2, XXX, Barhama, and the list goes on and on and on....

You can make what ever you get sound good though, it is not the quality of the subs or amp that matters but the quality of the install.

You own an Incriminator and didn't even reccomend it as an SPL sub? Chillun, what is wrong with you?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

There is no best. Be more specific as to what you want.

Out of the subs you mentioned I think the Stroker will give you the best thump and since they are old you can get them cheaper. They do require alot of space.

I'm no expert, just my personal experience.

Strokers should be used for competitions because the **** balls for sound quality. Anyways they are extremely hard to find and if you do itll prolly be used and cost you around $400 which isnt worh it.

Tarantulas seam alright.

I'd stay away from an SPL sub you can do better for the same price.

The Ti12 is propably what I would take over all these cause PG makes good stuff.

And audiobahn just sux, I've heard them about a dozen times before and each time I was not impressed.

You own an Incriminator and didn't even reccomend it as an SPL sub? Chillun, what is wrong with you?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
There is no best. Be more specific as to what you want.
I don't own one YET. There are also very exspensive and I didn't think he could afford that much for a single driver, and I just didn't mention it, don't know why...lol

Strokers should be used for competitions because the **** balls for sound quality. Anyways they are extremely hard to find and if you do itll prolly be used and cost you around $400 which isnt worh it.
Completely not true. They've won far more SQ competitions than your W7's, more than any single subwoofer.

They aren't hard to find, I see them quite frequently, and they can be had NIB with some digging.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.