Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Alpine CDA-9815

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Clarion ProAudio DXZ835MP

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Panasonic MXE CQ-HX2083U

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
the only thing i like about the pioneer is the indefinit menu stuff where one button changes functions as you go to different stuff, kinda like on a cellphone if you know what i mean, it could give ou more options if used correctly but it doesnt do much besides act cool on the pioneer. and what do you think of clarions dual action face i was gonna get that last year but my taxes got screwwed up pioneer has one too now.

you do have a good point on the dual action face its kinda lightwieght and flimsy too not much good to take a beating like the one i've got now its been through alot my fist slammed into it pretty hard when i literally blew up the tranny in my probe shifted into fourth took out the clutch and it when boom kicked outa gear hard and gear oil was burning off my engine hand went flying forward rmote flew outa my hand went by my pedals and shot back under my seat and ended up in the back seat and my hand hit the radio and only took out one of the little dots it hit pretty hard to hurt a little too

If it were me - Either the Alpine 9811 or the Clarion. I'd eliminate Pan simply b/c Alpine and Clarion both have better track records (from what I've seen).

I don't like the Al 9813 or 9815 b/c all I see is a few more watts on the speaker leads and some more bells and whistles that I'd never use anyway - and it would cost me significantly more. The 9811 has all the essentials and plenty beyond that.

And about pre-out voltages...people were building perfectly noise-free systems years ago when 1/2V pre outs were the best you could find. As always, it's a lot more important to take the time and get the installation right than it is to spend thousands on equipment with great specs.

Pre-amp voltage -- all amps that I know of will accept as much signal voltage as you can feed them. Even though the dial may only read 4V, you won't cause any problem if you're running 6 or even 8.

you can clip before the inputs of an amp and you can clip via an amps input if it cant handle the signal going to it. sound stream amps would sound real fuzzy when you did this and my amps inputs were "bypassed"

yeah, thats true, I'm sure me or my friends would probably break the motorized cd player (lol) my friends can be dumbasses. Still not clear on why 1/2 is better than 6V, but 6V being too high and causing clipping problems, I guess I'll stick with 4 then, since I probably won't get this deck anyways (even though it is a sweet deck:))

So back to my question, if I'm going to get a deck, being pioneer, what should I get? yeah I know, I should look it up myself for whatever my needs may be (since you probably don't know them) but I thought I'd let everyone else have a say.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

- pe@ce:p

im not sayin .5 is better just sayin there is not a real advantage to 6v over 4. both have mortorized faces but the ones that split seem too fook up more. lol your needs and wants are 2 diff things...we dont need stereos.....thing is gettin what you really want and will use while not over spending on features you wont use and skimping else where where u dont need too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ryan_feine

10+ year member
ryan_feine
Rushford, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views