Which Head units offer quick/easy bass adjustments?

kingsxman
10+ year member

Noob in training
All my stuff was ripped off yesterday morning. Pioneer HU, Alpine xover/eq, JL 500/1 amp, 2 other amps and 2-10w6v2' JL speakers in a Mr. Marv enclosure. *****.

Long story short...I'm looking at new HU's. I ran the old 11 band EQ in the dash so I could quickly adjust the bass from cd to cd and sometimes from song to song. The EQ served as a xover too...so my output from the deck ran into the eq where it was then split to all 3 amps. I KNOW that I need to make alot of bass adjustments. I hate boomy. However, all the HU's I've had are like a maze to try to get to the bass level or EQ section. I know that I lose all the time adjustments if I run the outboard EQ.

What to do..? Any headunits offer easy 1 button bass adjustments?

(Also gotta be MP3 compatable)

sorry for your loss dude

as for a new HU look out for an Alpine CDE-9843 or 9845 (not sure how well they perform but they are some of the bargain Alpines) both play MP3

or perhaps for a little more go for a Pioneer Premier 560MP or 670mp (maybe?)

if you are scared of further robberings i would recomemnd buying an old cd deck used (maybe even cassette player) and have a ipod or whatver MP3 player to hook up to it's auxiliary in

i've heard systems sounding very good with this mix...

THanks. Yeah it *****.

THere;'s only so much you can do...but I'll go with a better alarm this time.

The reason I'm curious about how to make bass adjustments is that it seems I'm tweaking the sound from song to song sometimes. Some songs are too boomy and I'm re-EQing constantanly. If I have to go through a maze of buttons each song or each cd its gonna get old in a hurry. With the EQ...it was right there.

i think all the alpine units have quick sub level adjustments. just press the rotary volume knob, takes you right to the sub level.
that's totally different from what he's wishing for... he want's fast and easy to access EQ...

i have had one sony xplod in the past (and i've seen MANY others like it too) where you press a button and *BEEP* Bass shows up on screen... then you press the button again and *BEEP* Mid shows up... and gain and *BEEP* you have Treble... and so you can adjust it just as fast as **** using the rotary dial....

however that was it, you couldnt have preset eq settings in the memory like my alpine has (using digipad 1 to 6), or set central bossting frequency, slopes, etc, and besides i think only the older and lower line hu's had this (im not sure about this thou)... i rememebr in the past all HU's were like that... bass/mid/treble from 0 to +5 or -6 to +6 no frequency selectable, no nothing...

i think that's what he's looking for... i wouldnt go back anyway thou heh

Actually, the fact that the Alpines have some preset eqs might be handy. THe sales guy mentioned that he had an 9855 in stock carried over that he thinks I might be able to get as a replacment for my Pioneer DEH 7400 MP.

If hitting the volume button and it brings me right to a sub level control works....that might be about as good as it's gonna get.

On the Kenwood I have I just press the volume knob twice to get to bass.

Is your enclosure ported? Perhaps you could try tweaking the install to see why it's too boomy. I've never heard of someone constantly EQing like that before.

Is your enclosure ported? Perhaps you could try tweaking the install to see why it's too boomy. I've never heard of someone constantly EQing like that before.
yeah perhaps he was running the hu not flat and using the EQ to equalize boost it even more...

Another thing you could do is simply buy whatever headunit you want, then pick up the Navone N-22V for quick and easy on-the-fly bass volume adjustments.

http://www.davidnavone.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=N-22V

miscel77_small.jpg

It's actually a volume knob and not a remote gain or bass boost, so you don't have to worry about clipping/etc.

My enclosure was not ported. (See above...its all gone now!). I've actually heard of MOST people needing to re-EQ. All music is recorded at different levels and mixed differently. Some songs/cd's are mixed bass heavy while others arent. Older cd's are recorded at lower levels overall. I dont think its uncommon to have to or want to readjust.

Squeek, I'll have to look at that. I forgot that my JL 500/1 came with a remote level control. If I get another JL 500/1 from insurance (which I should) I might have them mount it for me to use. I didnt need it with my eq as it had a sub level control on it.

Yes, I did have some EQ on my head unit in addition to the external EQ. Not a bad point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.