Which head unit?

fire120ball

first time post. I have a pretty good understanding about car audio. So you guys could help me out a little more I'll tell ya what I have, I got 2 JBL power series 6x9 runnin off a 1600x4 amp. 2 10" boston g5 running off of 2 crunch 1100 amps. Soon to get some nice components and at the moment I have a pretty basic kenwood. Sounds great for right now But I am in need of control so The decks I'm looking at are the Pioneer DEH-P800PRS or the one from eclipse but I really don't like how it looks. CD7200 mkII... It's going into a 73 chevy pickup. Or if a different one would be better I have an open mind, anything helps thanks guys

I don't see much of a difference in head units anymore other than pre-amp voltage, THD, and S/N ratio. Most decks **** in those areas now anyways. Even Alpine and Eclipse have been putting out junk lately. Good sounding decks are a thing of the past. The best sounding decks were the old Ecliipse decks like the CD54 and 84 series. 8 volt pre-outs. Panasonic made some good ones back in the day too. Last year Pioneer had one with a Burr-Brown, don't remember if it was the 7800 or 9800? Pick one that looks pretty like everyone else does now. Make sure it has goofy little dolphins swimming on your screen too!

Differences between 880 and 800 are mostly cosmetic, I have posted a review of the CD7100 vs the 800/880prs vs the 9887 vs the 785usb. Check it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.