Which EQ to buy? Component/Coax recommendations

Also ive decided to go a new direction with the speaker setup. Still gonna be using the Precision Power P900.4 amp but i have 3 different sets of crossovers im not using currently just sitting in my closet. First set is a 2 way x-over from the Image Dynamic CTX65CS component set. The second set of x-overs is from the Image Dynamics XS-57 component set. And the third set is a 3way x-over from Elemental designs.

I personally would really like to use the 3 way set from Elemental Designs.

This means i would need to piece together the speakers and most likely i would be using Parts-express.com for most everything. I was thinking about going with these 6.5" woofers below, but still need to find a mid and a tweeter. Any recommendations?

https://www.parts-express.com/pyramid-w64-6-1-2-pro-plus-midbass-woofer--290-025

[quote name='Firebird 1991']@fly_marlin Those Silver Flutes look solid. Any ideas on mids or tweets?[/QUOTE]

Also, if you're ordering from madi, call it in and tell them all the rest of the stuff you have, they should be able to recommend mid/tweet if you don't decide on them before that. Their 3" mid selection is slim, 4" is good.

Should be fine, though again, going from reviews. Madi has some SB acoustics and seas drivers, a little more expensive. I would call Madi first and see if they'd pair the flutes with anything first. You can always just buy the flutes and then order the rest from PA.

When I had my s10, I had Jbl p660c components in the doors, and the Jbl power 4x6 power plates in the dash. Separate 4" mid and tweeter in the plate. It sounded amazing and I could crank it to extreme levels and still sounded amazing. The p660's are around 120 a set. The plates are getting hard to find though. I've owned lots of different sets since then. I just went back to them again. Hard to beat for the price

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Firebird 1991

10+ year member
Stroked
Firebird 1991
Eastern Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date