Which componets, budget under $700!

Lord Nikon
10+ year member

I am selling the car I have my system in, and keeping most of the equipment except the focals componets and eclipse HU.

I never got use to the way my Focal 165K2P's sounded. The amp I have for my componets is a Audison LRX 2.500 which is RMS 200x2 @ 4ohms.

I have interest in Boston's Z6, CDT HD92US already. I have some interest in Rainbows, but don't know which models to focus on.

Guys, what do you recommend in this price range? It will be going in to a 04 Jetta GLI!

Im thinking first to find out what kind of car it is, then his listening preferences and levels.

Im certainly not opposed to the Phase Plugs, but their designed for suited applications. His vehicle may have an ideal mounting location for the driviers eliminating the need. He may also be partial to paper/silk drivers rather than metal/hard domed.

More info always narrows down the choices.

Im thinking first to find out what kind of car it is, then his listening preferences and levels.
Im certainly not opposed to the Phase Plugs, but their designed for suited applications. His vehicle may have an ideal mounting location for the driviers eliminating the need. He may also be partial to paper/silk drivers rather than metal/hard domed.

I have a 04 jETTA GLI, factory mounnt tweets up near sideview

Nah, that would make sense. Around here, the dealers plug their products BEFORE asking the questions... And the answer, regarless of any other fact, is always CDT or Rainbow. Remember that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Nikon, have you done any listening? What kind of sound are you looking for?

go with some nice set of germaniums, maybe dls iridiums, or hd 3 way set with nice set of xovers depending on if you active or passive.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.