Which Bass Blockers for 3.5 inch speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

kyledoo
10+ year member

Hello, I am new to all this car audio stuff, but I have heard that if i have speakers that do not produce much bass (the 3.5's in my dash) that installing a bass blocker can help alot with SQ while still allowing my rear 6x9's to play the bass according to my EQ settings. Crutchfield has a range of frequencies available, and i was wondering which ones i should get. NOTE: If I change my current aftermarket speakers(cheap blapaunkts) to a higher-end set, would that necessarily mean I would need new bass blockers?

Are you using a amp? if you are it has a high pass filter which will filter out bass like you want you could put the speakers you dont want to have bass on the front channels so the HPF can keep bass out of them and put the 6x9 on rear channels and let them wang ha

a 50mfd non polarized cap inline on each positive lead //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Sweet, those are cheap! and does it make a difference what impedance my speakers are? I assume it does as the crossover frequency chart has values for each speaker impedance. What is the crossover frequency that I should use?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.