Which Amp to Push 4 - Alpine SWR-T10 ??

30DZ
10+ year member

Can somebody recommend to me which amp to get to push 4 - alpine SWR-T10 subs?

SPECIFICATIONS

Link to specs: Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Power Handling

CEA-2031 Power Rating: 600W

Power Range: 300 - 600 Watts

RMS Power Handling: 600W

Peak Power Handling: 1800W

Currently I have a Sundown saz-1500d we have it down to 1 ohm and according to the specs it will do 1500w rms at 1 ohm but, it keeps blowing the fuse so the people that installed it or saying it's the amp. So, I'm trying to figure out which one I should get.

Any recommendations? Would the Alpine PDX-1000 be a good option? Link: Alpine- PDX-1000. when I was talking to the installers they told me that alpine amp is a digital amp which means something like that more watts are able to go through he was saying on other amps like Class D or whatever that the power dissipates because of the heat, so less power goes through or something? He was saying the digital won't get hot at all. I thought that was interesting, never heard that before but, it's making me want to get it. Just not sure if it's the right choice yet. any advise would be appreciated.

thanks

I like what I'm seeing regarding the AQ2200D it's a digital amp as well. Will it require me to upgrade my electrical system? I have a 2012 Mazda CX9 suv. How many ohm should the amp be setup at?

How is the JL HD1200 would that be good for these subs? As of now I've found out it's not the Sundown amp that's the problem it's the install itself, so I'm working on getting the install fixed so am planning on keeping the sundown but, curious about the HD1200 how that would compare.

I'd shoot for something in the 3k mark. Always good to have a lil headroom. You will need an electrical upgrade.
the installer i'm working with now can do the necessary electrical upgrades, HO alt, big 3 etc. whatever needed. According to the saz-1500 specs, it says:

----RMS power, 2 ohm linkable/dual mono - 3000W x 1CH

what does that mean "linkable/dual mono" ? i'm sure my installer could tell me when i see him but, figured i'd just ask here first since i won't be seeing him until next week. so does that mean this sundown can output 3000w ?

the sundown is capable of 18-1900w if you have the electrical to back it. digital is more or less just class d and linkable/dual mono means two amps strapped together acting as one.

if you needed 3k at 1ohm the saz3000d would work but what if you need that 3k at 2ohm? then you would just take 2 saz1500ds and strap them for basically the same power.

i would look for a good 2-2500w amp at 1ohm. i would also do the big three in 1/0 with 1/0. running to the amp and a nice big group 31 batt next to the amp

a good h/o alt is a good investment if you plan to go bigger later. and may be still needed now depending on how big your factory alt is

thanks for the input. yeah i don't have enough room for 2 amps unless they are small because of where the amp and everything is located, it's in the jack compartment because i had the subs installed in the floor board and rear side panels, i guess you could consider it a stealth install. well i'm going to go ahead and get it setup with the sundown, the main thing is getting it wired properly and then the electrical then after that i can look into upgrading the amp if necessary. the factory alt is only 110 so we may have issues now but, this installer i was recommended to know's what he's doing and is a sundown dealer so he'll set it everything, electrical etc. properly

the sundown is capable of 18-1900w if you have the electrical to back it. digital is more or less just class d and linkable/dual mono means two amps strapped together acting as one.
if you needed 3k at 1ohm the saz3000d would work but what if you need that 3k at 2ohm? then you would just take 2 saz1500ds and strap them for basically the same power.

i would look for a good 2-2500w amp at 1ohm. i would also do the big three in 1/0 with 1/0. running to the amp and a nice big group 31 batt next to the amp

a good h/o alt is a good investment if you plan to go bigger later. and may be still needed now depending on how big your factory alt is

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.