Strapping

Montana

Banned
Alright, so I have never done this.

Nor am I doing it ( I am thinking about it down the road doing electrical first(this week), just asking questions now to further myself)

Right now I have a Brutus 1700 and a single SA-12 D4, so we will double em and say I have 2 of each for example purposes.

So, I'd have the pair of SAs wired to 1 ohm, a single Brutus pushes 1700 at 1ohm, what happens when I strap them? Ohm wise, and wattage wise, how much would each sub see after strapping?

Also, can all amp's be strapped?

Thanks.

No, not all amps can be strapped. For those that can't you end up using a maxxlink or something like that.

If your final load is 1ohm the amps would be strapped at 1ohm = .5ohm per amp. Doubt those amps will take that daily....

No, not all amps can be strapped. For those that can't you end up using a maxxlink or something like that.
If your final load is 1ohm the amps would be strapped at 1ohm = .5ohm per amp. Doubt those amps will take that daily....
Like I mentioned... I didn't say I was doing that, I was asking general questions about strapping... like I ALSO mentioned was I was just using those as examples to see what the numbers would do, I didn't say I was going to run around with strapped Hifonics.

And if I was, I would just keep the SA's at 2ohm and push em at 1ohm each after strap, no? >_>

Like I mentioned... I didn't say I was doing that, I was asking general questions about strapping... like I ALSO mentioned was I was just using those as examples to see what the numbers would do, I didn't say I was going to run around with strapped Hifonics.And if I was, I would just keep the SA's at 2ohm and push em at 1ohm each after strap, no? >_>
you cannot wire 2 D4 subs to create a 2 ohm load. Either 4ohm or 1ohm. If you run 2 D4's wired to 1 ohm,strapped, each strapped amp will see .5 ohms...wire them to 4ohms strapped and each strapped amp will see 2ohms, then we know we can estimate 1200w per sub with 2 BRZ 1700's strapped on two D4's wired to 4ohms.

ps, if you just happen to know anything about the BRZ 1700, you know the power doubles from 600 watts at 4ohms to 1200 watts 2ohms, then power only rises to 1700 at 1 ohm...this tells you that the BRZ is optimized for 2 ohm operation, anyways.

you cannot wire 2 D4 subs to create a 2 ohm load. Either 4ohm or 1ohm. If you run 2 D4's wired to 1 ohm,strapped, each strapped amp will see .5 ohms...wire them to 4ohms strapped and each strapped amp will see 2ohms, then we know we can estimate 1200w per sub with 2 BRZ 1700's strapped on two D4's wired to 4ohms.
ps, if you just happen to know anything about the BRZ 1700, you know the power doubles from 600 watts at 4ohms to 1200 watts 2ohms, then power only rises to 1700 at 1 ohm...this tells you that the BRZ is optimized for 2 ohm operation, anyways.
opps, meant 2ohm, that's what I have a single SA on right now on the single brutus. I was just asking around to gain some info so if I do strap latter. And yeah, I know the power ratings for the Brutus. I just don't know what strapped did and how it effected it.

So, if I was running each SA in parallel at 2ohm into each chan. They would be seeing 1ohm at 1700RMS each after a strap, right?

opps, meant 2ohm, that's what I have a single SA on right now on the single brutus. I was just asking around to gain some info so if I do strap latter. And yeah, I know the power ratings for the Brutus. I just don't know what strapped did and how it effected it.
So, if I was running each SA in parallel at 2ohm into each chan. They would be seeing 1ohm at 1700RMS each after a strap, right?
I gave you a hypothetical answer to your hypothetical question.

What do you mean running "each SA parallel at 2ohms into each channel"? The BRZ is a monoblock amp - 1 single channel.

2 amps strapped together is the same thing..1 single mono channel.

What do you mean running "each SA parallel at 2ohms into each channel"? The BRZ is a monoblock amp - 1 single channel.

Oh no :-( I guess in that situation I'd have to just run em at 2ohm 1200 watt each and call it a day. Would make due for daily driving, 0.5 would fry those Brutus pansys :p

Oh no :-( I guess in that situation I'd have to just run em at 2ohm 1200 watt each and call it a day. Would make due for daily driving, 0.5 would fry those Brutus pansys :p
really, I am not sure the BRZ's are strappable, all you would have to do is build the box with separate chambers and add another 1700.

really, I am not sure the BRZ's are strappable, all you would have to do is build the box with separate chambers and add another 1700.
Everyone seem's to miss this, I'm not strapping them. I just used them as a example[because I have one], I just was curious as to what ohm load and wattage does.

Everyone seem's to miss this, I'm not strapping them. I just used them as a example[because I have one], I just was curious as to what ohm load and wattage does.
most people here are retarded and BRZ's can be strapped. i know, ive owned two models. lol

Alright, so I have never done this.
Nor am I doing it ( I am thinking about it down the road doing electrical first(this week), just asking questions now to further myself)

Right now I have a Brutus 1700 and a single SA-12 D4, so we will double em and say I have 2 of each for example purposes.

So, I'd have the pair of SAs wired to 1 ohm, a single Brutus pushes 1700 at 1ohm, what happens when I strap them? Ohm wise, and wattage wise, how much would each sub see after strapping?

Also, can all amp's be strapped?

Thanks.

most people here are retarded and BRZ's can be strapped. i know, ive owned two models. lol

lol...yup, seems like most here are retarded, indeed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Montana

Banned
Montana
Billings, MT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from