Which 12" subs to get?

desastrux
10+ year member

Atlanta
hey everyone, I'm looking to build my first system, and was wondering what some good 12" subs are. I know good brands used to be Alpine, and Kicker. But I've heard there are other brands dominating it now, like Sundown. So if anyone has suggestions on which subs/amp I should get that would be great. I am looking at about 400-600 for the subs/amp but I can go higher. Im looking at getting a custom box, as well as a head unit, but undecided on head unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
i see 2 sa12's in your future //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

on an sae1200d

If i got 2 SA 12's where would i get the SAE 1200d from. they discontinued it. Also what box would i want to look at for those subs?

I actually was just looking at the Skar VVX 12's lol. They are cheaper and I have seen people say very good things about them. But i know that subs are only as good as the box you put them in. So what type of a box should i look at for either the Skar or SA 12's

I actually was just looking at the Skar VVX 12's lol. They are cheaper and I have seen people say very good things about them. But i know that subs are only as good as the box you put them in. So what type of a box should i look at for either the Skar or SA 12's
2-2.25 cubes per sub ported

kicker cvrs are great. plus you will save money on buying a box to put them in if you buy the subs in the factory box. these can be found for 400 bucks in fac box. pair those up with something like a hifonics brutus brz1200.1d and youve got yourself an awesome first system for right around 600 bucks

kicker cvrs are great. plus you will save money on buying a box to put them in if you buy the subs in the factory box. these can be found for 400 bucks in fac box. pair those up with something like a hifonics brutus brz1200.1d and youve got yourself an awesome first system for right around 600 bucks
Op, do NOT do this what this man said

Op, do NOT do this what this man said
lol, i was never planning on it, i have read multiple things that people here said basically stay away from kicker now. they were good in the past, but have been taken over. I am looking at probably the Skar's as they are cheaper than the SA-12's, just need to find what amp i may want.

lol, i was never planning on it, i have read multiple things that people here said basically stay away from kicker now. they were good in the past, but have been taken over. I am looking at probably the Skar's as they are cheaper than the SA-12's, just need to find what amp i may want.
Budget for amp? Remember you have to do electrical upgrades too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.