Where to shop speakers Internationaly

Participant count
  • Participant list

dreamspy

Hi

I'm on the hunt for a proper stereo in my car. I live in Iceland however and there isn't much to select from in the stores locally. I've been shocked by the number of stories I've been reading on forums about faked equipment on ebay and cheap stores. I've bought fake stuff on ebay before (from reputable sellers) and haven't really saved allot of cash going that route. So I'm looking for advice on good stores that ship internationally.

I have a few brands/models in the aim that'll fit my 2003 Toyota Corolla:

Alpine SPR-60c

Polk Audio DB6501

Focal PS 165

I'm mostly interested in the Polk or the Focal since I'll be driving the speakers from a HU to begin with (amp comes later). The Alpine is a bit power hungry for my HU, which is 22 rms.

The only one of those speakers / brands that are to be found locally are the Alpine SPR-60c, which are pretty expensive IMO. If I convert the price over to USD it's about $390. Which is similiar to paying $250 for them online ($60 on shipping and $80 in import tax). Still though, I would be shopping from a local reseller, with warranty, which might come in handy. I'm however reluctant to get those both because they are expensive, and they are not very sensitive, meaning I'd have to shelf out for an amplifier pretty soon. Which I'll do eventualy though!

So what's your advice guys? Any good online stores that might ship to Iceland? Or would you rather recommend sticking with my local dealer and go for the Alpine's? Not really sure how much of an issue the warranty will be. Do car speakers break often??

Actually regarding malfunctions, I've seen quite a few posts about broken Polk Db6501 speakers, don't know if they are prone to breaking, or it's just that there's allot of them going around. No idea how the Focal or the Alpine's are in that field either. But heard good things about both brands.

p.s. there is also a local dealer selling DLS but I haven't done any research. Any good?

Thank you in advance for your input!

Regards

Frímann Kjerúlf

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.