where to place sub in ported enclosure?

Participant count
  • Participant list

slconde
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
does it make a difference on where u place the sub in a ported (slot) enclosure? for example the dimension of my baffle is 27.25" x 15.5. i was just going to center it but i read sum where that u want to get it close to the port L1.

Nope, in fact you ideally want it as far from the port as possible. If its mounted right near the port, the sub will tend to breath in and out of the vent directly rather than pressurize the entire internal volume, thus making the enclosure seem artificially small and altering tuning. If the port opening inside the box is on the right side, mount the sub biased towards the left side, for example.

This is also why you dont want to build a ported enclosure that has small compartments off of the main chamber (ir an attempt to gain internal volume) as this small area will likely not pressurize uniformly with the rest of the internal space, not giving the sub the perceived internal volume you intended.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.