where to get a good spl meter cheap.....

captnfangdango
10+ year member

i've checked with pretty much every shop in my area and not one has an spl meter in house or other wise..............how sad is this???................makes me wonder about the work in the shops in my area.............i.ve checked ebay and other sites for hand held meters and every one i seem to find only goes to 130 db.........this doesn't help me any......

if some one has info on where i can find a good meter for cheaps, or what softwear and mic to buy that will help too..................thanks

Good really means tl, maybe see if you can find a used one. Still expensive as hell.
Yea good is a tl //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I guess he can wait. Old ones pop up every once in a great while for sale bout 20-25% off of new price. But I figured if he was considering one of those funny hand held ones the Audiocontrol is better than that. Plus you get the Epicenter and a volt meter with it.

well from what i can google i might as well buy a cheap one.............the tl are very expensive......the cheapest used one i can find on ebay is 500 buy it now............

thanks for the input guys.............i'm wanting one to check and tune my rig be for i try to enter any contests..............

The iPhone app isn't going to be good for anything except entertainment purposes. Aside from the fact it's an iPhone app, the mic's sensitivity is limited to 110db's from what I have read.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.