Where should I measure my spl from?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RSDXzec
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Australia
I should be getting my hands on an spl meter soon so I can find out where I get the best response. Windows up/down, back seats up/down and port direction. Should I be measuring the spl from the dash next to the steering wheel or should I measure from the driver side head rest?

Where do most people measure from at comps etc.

Cheers.

"legal" is at the dash on the windshield, about 6" from the right A pillar and a few inches up from the bottom of the windshield. Another fun option is passengers kick panel/floor board with the driver's door and/or window down.

It depends on what organization you are talking about. Some you can burp while others require an average score from continual play for a set amount of time. Each orginizatoin also has it's own rules on where to place the sensor and what can or can not be open while metering.

Head rest is MECA, sealed on the dash is db drag I believe (aka legal), outlaw is mic in the kick with the door open...that's about all I know off the top of my head lol

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

It depends on what organization you are talking about. Some you can burp while others require an average score from continual play for a set amount of time. Each orginizatoin also has it's own rules on where to place the sensor and what can or can not be open while metering.
Can you count to potato?

"legal" is at the dash on the windshield, about 6" from the right A pillar and a few inches up from the bottom of the windshield. Another fun option is passengers kick panel/floor board with the driver's door and/or window down.
alright so i'd probably be better on the dash. also note my car is right hand drive, so steering wheel placement is different (based on my reference in op)

well I'll be trying sweeps which i made, which do 3 seconds on each frequency from 25 to 80hz so I can get some speaker response curves.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.