Where do you guys buy MDF?

lowes go in and ask if they have an damaged sheets i get 10-15 knocked off per sheet where the straps just nick the corners..nothing bad wrong with the sheet at all..i have a feeling i may not be getting it that cheap for much longer though..

u can get it from lowes or homedepot at a fairly good price. i get 3/4" MDF for 26.75+tax a sheet from a place out here called chino lumber. its normally around 30 per sheet near me. but lowes or home depot is fine. if there is a lumber yard alot closer to you save the gas $$$$$ and go there

Alrighty well I'll go check out lowes and home depot. We have a lumber yard around here somewhere to so I'll go check with them. Thanks guys

Just make sure if you go to a local lumber place that what they sell is actual MDF. The first "MDF" sheet I bought was from a local place and it was actually particle board. I didn't find this out until I bought a sheet from Home Depot and realized I had been jipped the first time. Luckily I only used it to build a false floor...

Just make sure if you go to a local lumber place that what they sell is actual MDF. The first "MDF" sheet I bought was from a local place and it was actually particle board. I didn't find this out until I bought a sheet from Home Depot and realized I had been jipped the first time. Luckily I only used it to build a false floor...
Lol, same thing happened to me....

Alright thanks for the heads up

Alright thanks for the heads up
Yeah no problem. Particle board looks like a ton of little pieces of wood glued together, MDF looks like one solid color because it's basically sawdust and glue. Also MDF will be like twice as heavy.

One thing to note Lowes sales a lower grade of MDF then the supply houses. we can really tell the difference when we have to get it there from the Cabinet grade stuff the supplier has.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.